Please Help! I have got a very nasty advertising virus PlayThru Player on my computer. I don't have any idea how this threat infected my computer but i am seeking any way to get rid of this annoying threat. PlayThru Player is showing lots of irritating adverts on my computer screen that redirect me to unknown websites. I am unable to get rid of this virus. My AVG anti-virus says that your PC is clean. Feeling like helpless. Please help me to somehow delete PlayThru Player from my computer. Thank You.
What is PlayThru Player (Threat Description)
PlayThru Player is an an annoying PC threat regarded as an adware. It is an advertisement related virus that invade your computer to show sponsored ads on your machine. It is mainly intended to promote ads on PC to redirect your browser on dubious websites. It has prrimary motive to boost the traffic of its partner websites and earn commission. PlayThru Player will also compromise your working browser to show those ads regularly on your computer system. This malign PC threat is able to assail all famous web browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and others.
Once insdie your computer, PlayThru Player will deliver tons of annoying ads on your computer screen. It will try to pretend like a genunine program that allows you to play interesting games online but in real its has some other motives. This notorious adware will also rediret your browser through its ads and this could result into download of other threats and viruses on your computer. PlayThru Player mainly enter your computer through bundled third party programs, spam emails. Suspicious websites, shareware and other deceptive tricks.
Some Harmful Effects of PlayThru Player
- It can bombard your desktop with unwanted ads.
- It may assail your working web browser.
- PlayThru Player redirect your browser.
- It can also bring other threats on your PC.
- PlayThru Player can steal your personal information.
- It may risk your privacy and system security.
PlayThru Player is really a major threat for your system security and privacy. It is only aimed to lure you and trick your money. You should immediately remove this threat from your computer. Read this guide to delete PlayThru Player from your PC in few simple steps.
Learn To Remove PlayThru Player Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete PlayThru Player Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of PlayThru Player Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to PlayThru Player related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from PlayThru Player On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing PlayThru Player from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.