Know More About Purge Ransomware
Belonging to the ransomware group, Purge Ransomware has been reported as the newest cyber-security threat crafted by malware developers with the primary objective of tricking the users and then generating illicit profit from them. This infection has been found compatible with all the latest version of Windows OS. It on acquiring complete proliferation inside the PC contributes number of disastrous issues in it. First of all finds the user's vital files and then encrypts them via utilizing the strong AES-256 algorithm. Now following the successful encryption, the ransomware generates a "How to restore files.hta" containing a ransom demand message stating that the files have been encrypted and can only get restored by making usage of unique decryptor that can get achieved by making payment of asked amount of ransom money.
Apart from this threatening is also given to the users that in a case if they uses any other software to decrypt the encrypted files, then in that situation the files will made be made locked for forever. Purge Ransomware penetrates in the PC together with the attachment of spam emails, installation of freeware and shareware programs, using infectious USB drives for transferring files, clicking several sponsored links etc.
Purge Ransomware also changes the preset browser's settings in such a manner that after modification it becomes almost impossible for the victims to reset it back in it's original form. Furthermore, steals the victim's personal information and transmit it to the online hackers for evil purpose. This ransomware program brings in numerous other malicious programs in the PC and degrades the PC's performance on large extent. Hence, to stop the occurrence of such file encryption and to make effective usage of PC, an immediate removal of Purge Ransomware is needed.
Remove Purge Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove Purge Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove Purge Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To Purge Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find Purge Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove Purge Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove Purge Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the Purge Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the Purge Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.