Short note on RemcosRAT:
RemcosRAT is a type of RAT which stands for Remote Access Trojan. This trojan is compatible to work on the Windows Operating System platform. It usually track the index data stored on the local drives, executing program on the PC, issues commands to the Windows kernel and modification to the installed software. It is able to locks your all stored files and blocks you to access your PC normally. Initially, it connects victims to a remote host through the HTTP channels and waits for getting the commands. Cyber hackers usually used this Trojan infection to lower victim's cyber defenses and installs several other applications remotely. It usually stores its malicious files into the Temp directory where other Windows saves their temporary files of Internet. It automatically connects victims to the 18.104.22.168 IP address and access their data on donemix.duckdns.org domain. What's worse, it tracks victim's cookies, browsing activities, online history, personal details such as System configuration, IP address, banking login details, username, ID, password, contact details, addresses, debit or credit card details etc for illegal purposes. If you really want to protect your PC then you should get rid of RemcosRAT as quickly you can.
Intrusion method of RemcosRAT
Being a dangerous Trojan infection, RemcosRAT uses various deceptive and advanced way to intrudes into your Computer. It can secretly intrudes into your Computer via exploit kits and drive by downloads. Besides this, it can also affect your Computer via torrent files, Spam-emails, freeware packages, pornographic sites, infected devices, P2P network and so on. All these are the most common distribution channels that used by this threat but its main source remains same that is the Internet.
Harmful Properties of RemcosRAT
- Add some new icons, shortcuts and logos on your desktop screen.
- Alters your windows files and registry entries to corrupt your data.
- RemcosRAT automatically change your System, DNS and browser settings in such a way that you cannot easily reset them back.
- Create a loopholes to exploit your vulnerabilities.
- Degrades Computer overall performance speed by consuming more memory space.
Manual RemcosRAT Removal Guide
Step 1: How to Start your PC in Safe Mode with Networking to Get Rid of RemcosRAT
(For Win 7 | XP | Vista Users)
- first of all PC is to be rebooted in Safe Mode with Networking
- Select on Start Button and Click on Shutdown | Restart option and select OK
- when the PC restarts, keep tapping on F8 until you don’t get Advanced Boot Options.
- Safe Mode with Networking Option is to be selected from the list.
(For Win 8 | 8.1 | Win 10 Users)
- Click on Power Button near Windows Login Screen
- Keep Shift Button on the keyboard pressed and select Restart Option
- Now Select on Enable Safe Mode with Networking Option
In case RemcosRAT, is not letting your PC to Start in Safe Mode, then following Step is to followed
Step 2: Remove RemcosRAT Using System Restore Process
- PC need to be rebooted to Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- As soon as Command Prompt Window appear on the screen, select on cd restore and press on Enter option
Type rstrui.exe and Click on Enter again.
Now users need to Click on Next option and Choose restore point that was the last time Windows was working fine prior to RemcosRAT infection. Once done, Click on Next button.
Select Yes to Restore your System and get rid of RemcosRAT infection.
However, if the above steps does not work to remove RemcosRAT, follow the below mentioned steps
Step:3 Unhide All Hidden Files and Folders to Delete RemcosRAT
How to View RemcosRAT Hidden Folders on Windows XP
- In order to show the hidden files and folders, you need to follow the given instructions:-
- Close all the Windows or minimize the opened application to go to desktop.
- Open “My Computer” by double-clicking on its icon.
- Click on Tools menu and select Folder options.
- Click on the View tab from the new Window.
- Check the Display contents of the system folders options.
- In the Hidden files and folders section, you need to put a check mark on Show hidden files and folders option.
- Click on Apply and then OK button. Now, close the Window.
- Now, you can see all the RemcosRAT related hidden files and folders on the system.
How to Access RemcosRAT Hidden folders on Windows Vista
- Minimize or close all opened tabs and go to Desktop.
- Go to the lower left of your screen, you will see Windows logo there, click on Start button.
- Go to Control Panel menu and click on it.
- After Control Panel got opened, there will two options, either “Classic View” or “Control Panel Home View”.
- Do the following when you are in “Classic View”.
- Double click on the icon and open Folder Options.
- Choose View tab.
- Again move to step 5.
- Do the following if you are “Control Panel Home View”.
- Hit button on Appearance and Personalization link.
- Chose Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Under the Hidden File or Folder section, click on the button which is right next to the Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Click on Apply button and then hit OK. Now, close the window.
- Now, to show you all hidden files or folders created by RemcosRAT, you have successfully considered Windows Vista.
How to Unhide RemcosRAT Created Folders on Windows 7
1. Go to the desktop and tap on the small rectangle which is located in the lower-right part of the system screen.
2. Now, just open the “Start” menu by clicking on the Windows start button which is located in the lower-left side of the PC screen that carries the windows logo.
3. Then after, look for the “Control Panel” menu option in the right-most row and open it.
4. When the Control Panel menu opens, then look for the “Folder Options” link.
5. Tap over the “View tab”.
6. Under the “Advanced Settings” category, double click on the “Hidden Files or Folders” associated with RemcosRAT.
7. Next, just select the check-box in order to Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
8. After this, click on “Apply” >> “OK” and then close the menu.
9. Now, the Windows 7 should be configured to show you all hidden files, folders or drives.
Steps to Unhide RemcosRAT related Files and Folders on Windows 8
- First of all, power on your Windows PC and click on start logo button that is found in left side of the system screen.
- Now, move to program lists and select control panel app.
- When Control panel is open completely, click on more settings option.
- After, you will see a Control panel Window and then you choose “Appearance and Personalization” tab.
- In Advance settings dialogue box, you need to tick mark on Show hidden files and folders and clear the check box for Hide protected system files.
- Click on Apply and Ok button. This apply option helps you to detect and eradicate all types of RemcosRAT related suspicious files.
- Finally, navigate your mouse cursor on close option to exit this panel.
How to View RemcosRAT associated folders on Windows 10
1. Open the folder if you wish to unhide files.
2. Search and Click on View in Menu bar
3. In Menu click on to view folder options.
4. Again click on View and Enable Radio Button associated with Show hidden files created by RemcosRAT, folder and drive.
5. Press apply and OK.
Step 4: Press Start Key along with R- copy + paste the below stated command and Click on OK
- This will open up a new file, in case if your system has been hacked, some IP’s will be shown at the bottom of the screen
Click on the Start Menu, Input “Control Panel” in the search box —> Select. Network and Internet —> Network and Sharing Center —> Next Change Adapter Settings. Right-click your Internet connection —> Select on Properties.
- In case if you find Suspicious IP in the local host –or if you are finding it difficult and have any problem then submit question to us and we will be happy to help you.