_ReCoVeRy_ encrypt virus is a file encryption program which infiltrate into online computers via Internet sources and use file encryption algorithm to make all personal files of users inaccessible. All is done to receive a ransom amount in Bitcoins through an untraceable TOR network or Onion web browser. _ReCoVeRy_ encrypt virus is a kind of ransoware which uses a very strong file encryption method with a public and private keys to encrypt all kind of user's personal file as which is something like impossible to get back in their proper format without private keys. The ransomware program releases a ransomenote on users computer in every folder where the ransomware has encrypted files. Users can also find these ransom note as a desktop background image or default homepage of web browser. After a successful file encryption it ask users to pay a certain amount (between $300 to $500) within a certain limit of time. It scare users about permanent loss of their stored data if avoiding payment of demanded amount. In the ransom note, _ReCoVeRy_ encrypt virus rnsomware mention that after the fixed time duration the remote server will automatically delete the keys for file decryption and thereafter the users have no any solution to get back their files.
Users get _ReCoVeRy_ encrypt virus on their computer while careless downloads of bundled programs in most of the cases. But it is not a single cause to get infected with this ransomware virus, the computer may get this infection by visiting illegal or hacked websites, clicking malicious links on pop-ups and opening attachment files on Spam emails. Sometime you may receive this ransomware infection through infected external media like pen drive or external hard disk etc. After being infected with _ReCoVeRy_ encrypt virus the user suffer with a data loss situation on their computer because the infected files become inaccessible or encrypted. Security experts have suggested to just remove _ReCoVeRy_ encrypt virus from your computer to prevent further loss or encryption of files. This step make your computer infection free and operable for further operation. The next steps is to recover encrypted files and you can proceed with the below mentioned manual steps by using back-up, restoring PC and data recovery option in this post.
Remove _ReCoVeRy_ encrypt virus From Your PC
Step 1: Remove _ReCoVeRy_ encrypt virus in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove _ReCoVeRy_ encrypt virus using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To _ReCoVeRy_ encrypt virus
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find _ReCoVeRy_ encrypt virus related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove _ReCoVeRy_ encrypt virus Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove _ReCoVeRy_ encrypt virus related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the _ReCoVeRy_ encrypt virus virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the _ReCoVeRy_ encrypt virus infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.