Since morning my computer has been infected with Adware Helpers which has flooded my PC with endless pop-up ads. I am unable to browse anything normally on my Firefox. It gives unwanted search result as redirected to unknown website while I surf online on the browser. I had doubt of this program to be virus. So, I have tried my MSE which has detect Adware Helpers on my PC but was no efficient to fix this stubborn program completely. Can anyone help me to Eliminate Adware Helpers completely?
Report on Adware Helpers
Adware Helpers is considered as annoying add-on that belongs to adware family. Generally, it interfere with its nasty ads while you surf online on the browser like Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge, IE etc. It displays endless pop-ups ads on the browser and persuade you to buy its bogus deals from its own sites that is affiliated with third party. It may sound like useful program because generally it claims you to find news and content easy on free cost but you are suggested to don't accept this because it may consist many intrusive links and program to download other rogueware that can harm your computer dangerously. Mostly, Adware Helpers enters on the PC by the help of freeware program that you download from unreliable resources.
Once Adware Helpers entered on the PC, it will keep your browsing session totally irritating by continuously displaying its unwanted pop-up ads. It can hijack your all famous browser such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge and so on to block you for accessing. It is capable of redirecting your web page to unknown site which would be also intrusive to fetch more infection to mess up your computer. You will find your PC degraded to poor performance. It can modify browser setting to another one to keeps its own control which after you will get everything reverse result of browsing. It can steal your sensitive information like password, login ID and more to help the third party to access into your computer then after you can find your PC totally out of your control. So, it is important to remove Adware Helpers immediately if unfortunately it has been found on the PC.
Learn To Remove Adware Helpers Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete Adware Helpers Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
An Effective Adware Helpers Removal Video Guide
Phase 2 : Get Rid of Adware Helpers Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to Adware Helpers related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from Adware Helpers On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing Adware Helpers from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.