BigGameCountdown toolbar is another nasty advertisement supported toolbar that can get installed into your computer silently and do major damage. This noxious toolbar has been classified as an adware that promotes sponsored adverts on the infected machine. Once installed on your computer, it can easily gains the attachment of your working web browser and make unwanted changes to the browser settings. It can change the homepage and default search engine settings of your browser. BigGameCountdown toolbar can work with all famous web browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and others. After infecting your system, it will make fake promises to give you the access of latest and exciting games but its main motive is to throw sponsored ads on your computer screen.
BigGameCountdown toolbar mainly wants to redirect you on unknown websites to boost their traffic and generate revenue. It wants to earn pay per click commission for redirecting your searches on dubious websites. This nasty PC threat can enter your computer through freeware programs, spam emails and suspicious websites. Once installed, it can also assign new registry entries to automatically get started on your machine without your permission. BigGameCountdown toolbar also brings similar threats and adwares on your computer. It also tracks your browsing records to steal your private and sensitive details and send to remote hackers. It can risk your privacy as well as system security. BigGameCountdown toolbar is a harmful threats for your computer and it should get terminated at the earliest.
Step:1 Remove BigGameCountdown toolbar or any Suspicious Program from Control Panel resulting in Pop-ups
- Click on Start and in Menu, Select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, Search for BigGameCountdown toolbar or any suspicious program
- Once found, Click to Uninstall BigGameCountdown toolbar or related program from list of Programs
- However, if you are not sure do not Uninstall it as this will remove it permanently from the system.
Step:2 How to Reset Google Chrome to Remove BigGameCountdown toolbar
- Open Google Chrome browser on your PC
- On the top right corner of the browser you will see 3 stripes option, click on it.
- After that click on Settings from the list of menus available on chrome’s panel.
- At the end of the page, a button is available with option to “Reset settings”.
- Click on the button and get rid of BigGameCountdown toolbar from your Google Chrome.
How to Reset Mozilla Firefox to Uninstall BigGameCountdown toolbar
- Open Mozilla Firefox web browser and click on the options icon with 3 stripes sign and also click on help option with (?) mark.
- Now click on “Troubleshooting Information” from the given list.
- Within the upper right corner of the next window you can find “Refresh Firefox” button, click on it.
- To reset your Mozilla Firefox browser simply click on “Refresh Firefox” button again, after which all unwanted changes made by BigGameCountdown toolbar will be removed automatically.
Steps to Reset Internet Explorer to Get Rid of BigGameCountdown toolbar
- You need to close all Internet Explorer windows which are currently working or open.
- Now open Internet Explorer again and click on Tools button, with wrench icon.
- Go to the menu and click on Internet Options.
- A dialogue box will appear, then click on Advanced tab on it.
- Saying Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click on Reset again.
- When IE applied the default settings then, click on Close. And then click OK.
Restart the PC is a must for taking effect on all the changes you have made.
Step:3 How to Protect your PC from BigGameCountdown toolbar in Near Future
Steps to Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer: Activate SmartScreen Filter against BigGameCountdown toolbar
- This can be done on IE Versions 8 and 9. It mailnly helps in detecting BigGameCountdown toolbar while browsing
- Launch IE
- Choose Tools in IE 9. If you are using IE 8, Find Safety option in Menu
- Now Select SmartScreen Filter and opt for Turn on SmartScreen Filter
- Once done, Restart IE
How to Enable Phishing and BigGameCountdown toolbar Protection on Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome browser
- Select Customize and Control Google Chrome (3-Bar Icon)
- Now Choose Settings from the option
- In the Settings Option, Click on Show advanced Settings which can be found at the bottom of the Setup
- Select Privacy Section and click on Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
- Now Restart Chrome, this will keep your browser safe from BigGameCountdown toolbar
How to Block BigGameCountdown toolbar Attack and Web Forgeries
- Click to Load Mozilla Firefox
- Press on Tools on Top Menu and Select options
- Choose Security and enable check mark on following
- warn me when some site installs add-ons
- Block reported Web forgeries
- Block reported attack Sites
If still BigGameCountdown toolbar exists on your system, Scan your PC to detect and Get Rid of it
Kindly submit your question, incase if you wish to know more about BigGameCountdown toolbar Removal