If you are receiving MercuryGrips ads on your computer then you should not get attracted to the discounts and offers it is showing. They are usually fake and it lures the customers so that it can perform other hidden tasks. The ads are appearing because its adware program has been installed in the system from the internet as you may have downloaded and free software from there. The adware will be always active and work from the background to download the ads from the inernet and make them appear as a pop up. It may contain multimedia contents that will increase the load on the data connection as well as the memory. This will slow down other activities related to the internet such as browsing and downloading. The MercuryGrips ads also attacks on the performance of the system, so while the adware is active you will experience lag in several other applications. Even if you close the process from the task manager it can get restarted and start functioning again. There may be times when several ads comes at a time and your system gets freeze.
You will eventually click on the given link on the MercuryGrips ads while closing which automatically opens up a new page in the browser containing all the details about the product and there will be a buy button that allows you to order it online. The payment mode provided will also be online so you will have to use your credit card and give all the related details. You should not get that far as the consequences can be really devastating when the account gets hacked using the information you have provided by yourself. So you should act immediately to remove MercuryGrips ads from your computer along with any of its component that is attached to any application.
Learn To Remove MercuryGrips ads Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete MercuryGrips ads Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of MercuryGrips ads Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to MercuryGrips ads related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from MercuryGrips ads On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing MercuryGrips ads from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.