What happened to your files? HOW_TO_RESTORE_FILES.txt Ransomware note has been published on your Windows desktop? Are you finding an additional .abc file extension? Are you unable to open your files in proper format? Finding HOW_TO_RESTORE_FILES.txt Ransomware note which describe file encryption on your computer and ask to pay certain amount against decryption key? All these occurrences belongs to TeslaCrypt ransomware and your computer has been attacked by this malware infection. You can remove HOW_TO_RESTORE_FILES.txt Ransomware infection from your computer but recovery for encrypted files are not so easy. If you have back-up on external drive or Cloud then it is very easier to get rid of TeslaCrypt ransomware infection. You may employ other methods to recover encrypted files which is further mentioned in this post. According to the ransom note all documents, pictures, videos etc. has been encrypted with a very strong file encryption algorithm AES CBC 256 Bit encryption algorithm or by using RSA – 2048. These file encryption methods make user's personal file encrypted with public and private keys. The users need private RSA decryption keys to undo file encryption. The users on infected computer faces something like data loss situation because without payment of ransom the encrypted files remains irrecoverable in short of back-up opportunities.
HOW_TO_RESTORE_FILES.txt Ransomware components sneaks into any targeted online computer through Internet sources. More or less all malware find opportunities to infiltrate any online computer and use bad practices by users, security loop holes and vulnerabilities on the computer. An anti virus software or week anti malware without real time protection can not protect your computer from malware like HOW_TO_RESTORE_FILES.txt Ransomware. So even an anti virus enabled computer system can get infected with this ransomware infection if the user unwarily perform downloading and installation of bundled freeware, as software bundling has been used by the developers for distribution of HOW_TO_RESTORE_FILES.txt Ransomware. Opening of certain Spam email with attachment can also activate this malware on any online computer. If you are facing file encryption then you can use following steps to delete HOW_TO_RESTORE_FILES.txt Ransomware and recover your files with specified data recovery tool.
Remove HOW_TO_RESTORE_FILES.txt Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove HOW_TO_RESTORE_FILES.txt Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove HOW_TO_RESTORE_FILES.txt Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To HOW_TO_RESTORE_FILES.txt Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find HOW_TO_RESTORE_FILES.txt Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove HOW_TO_RESTORE_FILES.txt Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove HOW_TO_RESTORE_FILES.txt Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the HOW_TO_RESTORE_FILES.txt Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the HOW_TO_RESTORE_FILES.txt Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.