Kozy.Jozy Ransomware is a type of malware that encrypts files using RSA-2048 algorithm. During encryption, Kozy.Jozy adds the name of each file is encrypted with .31392E30362E32303136_ (a number from 0 to 20) _ (4 or 5 random numbers) extension. After a successful encryption, Kozy.Jozy opens .jpg file which contains a message encouraging users to contact Kozy.Jozy developers. w.jpg file contains a message in Russian that the files are encrypted, and to restore them, the victim must send a single encrypted file to the specified e-mail address (kozy.jozy (@) yahoo.com). Victims are then supposed to receive further instructions decryption.
As already mentioned, Kozy.Jozy uses RSA-2048 – an asymmetric encryption algorithm and thus the two keys (public [Encryption] and private [decryption]) generated in the encryption process. The private key is stored on the server management teams running Kozy.Jozy developers (C & C). Since the decryption without the secret key is not possible, the cyber criminals are trying to sell the key to the victims. foreclosure size is currently unknown, but studies show that the average fee ranges from 0.5 to 1.5 Bitcoin (currently 1 Bitcoin is equivalent to $ 658.07). Cybercriminals demand payment in Bitcoin currency, as it allows them to remain anonymous. Despite these requirements, we strongly encourage you to ignore all requests to make the payment of a ransom or contact with these people. Cyber criminals often ignore the victims, regardless of the payments made. After paying, you simply support their malicious business and are likely to lose their money. During the study, there were no tools that can recover files encrypted with Kozy.Jozy. Thus, the only solution is to restore the files and / or system from a backup. You can also try following steps to remove Kozy.Jozy Ransomware from your computer and thereafter employ data recovery program to restore your encrypted files on your computer.
How To Remove Kozy.Jozy Ransomware From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End Kozy.Jozy Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the Kozy.Jozy Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall Kozy.Jozy Ransomware From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Kozy.Jozy Ransomware related items from list.
Uninstall Kozy.Jozy Ransomware From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete Kozy.Jozy Ransomware related items from the programs list.
Delete Kozy.Jozy Ransomware From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all Kozy.Jozy Ransomware related programs.
Remove Kozy.Jozy Ransomware Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all Kozy.Jozy Ransomware related entries.
Remove Kozy.Jozy Ransomware Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the Kozy.Jozy Ransomware virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free Kozy.Jozy Ransomware Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.