Worthy Facts That You Must Know About LazagneCrypt Ransomware
LazagneCrypt Ransomware is a newly released ransomware infection that comes with an additional functionality of the password stealer. This ransomware is named after detecting an open source project named 'LaZagne' at the github.com/AlessandroZ/LaZagnw. At the initial inspection it seems that it is created by AlessandroZ but there is no any evidence that there is a link between the AlessandroZ and people who are responsible for creating LazagneCrypt Ransomware. Keep a note in your mind that it is not one of the first threatening program that uses open-source code to infect Windows PC. Like other traditional ransomware it has been created to infect all System executing on Windows Operating System.
Working Tactics of LazagneCrypt Ransomware
The attack of LazagneCrypt Ransomware is carried out in Windows PC with an administrative privileges and the file objects including movies, photos, presentations, musics, PDFs, spreadsheets, eBooks, PDFs and many more. To encrypt files and make them inaccessible it uses custom AES-256 cipher algorithm that can be easily marked with '.encr' file extension. It may feature the generic algorithm of encryption but it's primary objective is to collect user's logins details. According to the security analysis, it is mainly designed to execute the light modified copy of the AlessandroZ's LaZagne password recovery utility and export retrieved login details to a text file. Unluckily, LazagneCrypt Ransomware is used to gather all credential from browsers, Sysadmin tools, Database managers, Wifi network, Windows hashes, IM clients etc. See the text that present in ransom message :
After gathering all credential data, LazagneCrypt Ransomware utilizes SwissDisk sDrive tool to upload their all credentials on sDrive platform to an encrypted account. Such a ransomware has been reported to execute as 'brc.exe' on the infected machine. Once locking files, hackers force victim to contact with third-party via an email address, '[email protected]'. But it is strictly warned by expert that you should not contact with provided email address. Rather than making contact with third-party or hackers, you must get rid of LazagneCrypt Ransomware immediately from your compromised Windows machine.
Common Sources of LazagneCrypt Ransomware Infiltration
Being a ransomware, LazagneCrypt Ransomware uses numerous deceptive ways to infect Windows System but it mainly spreads via infected or malicious spam emails including fake download links, buttons or the obfuscated attachments. The spam email letter trick System users usually by talking about the important issues and urges then to check details in provided link or document. Once System user open those links, it downloads and malware executable or payload and execute them at System background. Besides bundling method, the another distribution methods of LazagneCrypt Ransomware are as follows :
- Bundling method
- Malvertising sites
- Illegal or fake software downloads
- Exploits PC vulnerabilities and many more.
A: How To Remove LazagneCrypt Ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill LazagneCrypt Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the LazagneCrypt Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall LazagneCrypt Ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all LazagneCrypt Ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore LazagneCrypt Ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing LazagneCrypt Ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing LazagneCrypt Ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by LazagneCrypt Ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.