Does your web browser getting redirected to suspicious and strange sites? Are the redirected sites mainly pointing towards the porn, e-commercial and gambling sites? Have you encountered with annoying ads and contents? If so, there are huge chances that your PC have a Google Redirect Virus. This page is all about the removal tip of this virus. Go through with this post completely and get an effective removal solution.
What is Google Redirect Virus?
Google Redirect Virus is really one of the most annoying infection that releases on the Internet. According to its functionality and behavior, malware researcher has categorized it as a browser hijacker infection. It is really very irritating in nature because it creates tons of unwanted pop-ups and redirects to frustrate you. As it name implies, it does not only redirect your Google search results but it is also capable;e to redirecting the other search results. It mainly infects the entire browser such as IE, Chrome, Opera, Firefox etc. So you do not need to be surprised to hear Bing or Yahoo redirect virus.
Google Redirect Virus – Depth Analysis
As all, we know very well that Google Chrome is really one of the most used and popular web browsers, so Google Redirect Virus is the most popular virus that based on the web browser. It always redirects you to some suspicious sites where thousand number of sponsored products promoted. Recently, the malware coders are modified its malicious code to create several variations such as Happili redirect virus, Ngix redirect virus etc and to escape its easy detection from the security software.
According to the report of 2016, this virus has already infected more than 60 million System users. Out of which 1/3rd is from the US. From May 2016, Google Redirect Virus seems to have made a come back in reported cases with the increasing number. It gets itself associated with some important windows service which makes it more popular to works as an OS file.
Google Redirect Virus uses several tricky things to penetrates into the user PC without asking for their permission such as hacked sites, torrent files, infected devices, file sharing network, suspicious add-ons etc. These are the most common distribution channel that used by this virus but its main source is the Internet. Thus, it is urged by a security expert that victim should pay attention carefully while doing any online activities.
As soon as Google Redirect Virus successfully intrudes into your PC, it filled up your screen with tons of adverts. All adverts are based on the PPC scheme. After clicking on such a suspicious ads, you will be rerouted into a dubious site. The worst thing about this virus is that it steals victims all crucial data for illegal purposes. In short, it does not only mislead you by displaying annoying adverts but also release your privacy. For the sake of privacy and to keep data safe, it is very necessary to get rid of Google Redirect Virus.
Manual Steps to Remove Google Redirect Virus From Your Hijacked Browser
Simple Steps To Remove Infection From Your Browser
For Internet Explorer :
1. Launch Internet explorer and click on the Gear icon then to Manage Add-ons.
2. Now click on Search Provider tab followed by Find more search providers…
3. Now look for your preferred search engine provider for instance Google Search engine.
4. Further you need to click on Add to Internet Explorer option appeared on the page. After then tick out the Make this my default search engine provider appeared on the Add Search Provider window and then click on Add button.
5. Restart Internet explorer to apply the new changes.
For Mozilla :
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox and go for the Settings icon (☰) followed by Options from the drop down menu.
2. Now you have to tap on Search tab there. And, under Default Search Engine you can choose your desirable search engine provider from the drop down menu and remove Google Redirect Virus related search providers.
3. If you want to add another search option into Mozilla Firefox then you can do it by going through Add more search engines… option. It will take you to the Firefox official Add-ons page from where you can choose and install search engine add-ons from their.
4. Once installed you can go back to Search tab and choose your favorite search provider as a default.
For Chrome :
1. Open Chrome and tap on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings.
2. Now under Search option you can choose desirable Search engine providers from drop down menu.
3. If you want to use another search engine option then you can click on Manage search engines… which opens current list of search engines and other as well. To choose you have to take your cursor on it and then select Make default button appears there followed by Done to close the window.
For Google Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings option from the drop down menu.
2. Now tap Reset settings button.
3. Finally select Reset button again on the dialog box appeared for confirmation.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Settings icon (☰) and then to Open Help Menu option followed by Troubleshooting Information from drop down menu.
2. Now Click on Reset Firefox… on the upper right corner of about:support page and again to Reset Firefox button to confirm the resetting of Mozilla Firefox to delete Google Redirect Virus completely.
Reset Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Internet options.
2. Now tap Advanced tab followed by Reset button. Then tick out the Delete personal settings option on the appeared dialog box and further press Reset button to clean Google Redirect Virus related data completely.
3. Once Reset completed click on Close button and restart Internet explorer to apply the changes.
Reset Safari :
1. Click on Edit followed by Reset Safari… from the drop down menu on Safari.
2. Now ensure that all of the options are ticked out in the appeared dialog box and click on Reset button.
1. Click on Start menu followed by Control Panel. Then click on Uninstall a program below Programs option.
2. Further find and Uninstall Google Redirect Virus and any other unwanted programs from the Control panel.
Remove Unwanted Toolbars and Extensions Related With Google Redirect Virus
For Chrome :
1. Tap on Menu (☰) button, hover on tools and then tap on Extension option.
2. Now click on Trash icon next to the Google Redirect Virus related suspicious extensions to remove it.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Add-ons.
2. Now select the Extensions or Appearance tab in Add-ons Manager window. Then click on Disable button to remove Google Redirect Virus related extensions.
For Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Manage add-ons.
2. Further tap on Toolbars and Extensions panel and then Disable button to remove Google Redirect Virus related extensions.
From Safari :
1. Click on Gear Settings icon followed by Preferences…
2. Now tap on Extensions panel and then click on Uninstall button to remove Google Redirect Virus related extensions.
From Opera :
1. Click on Opera icon then hover to Extensions and click Extensions manager.
2. Now click on X button next to unwanted extensions to remove it.
Chrome : Click on Menu (☰) → Settings → Show advanced Settings → Clear browsing data.
Firefox : Tap on Settings (☰) →History →Clear Reset History → check Cookies → Clear Now.
Internet Explorer : Click on Tools → Internet options → General tab → Check Cookies and Website data → Delete.
Safari : Click on Settings Gear icon →Preferences → Privacy tab → Remove All Website Data…→ Remove Now button.
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Settings.
2. Tap on Show advanced settings.
- Phishing and malware protection : It is enables by default in privacy section. Warns users if detected any suspicious site having phishing or malware threats.
- SSL certificates and settings : Tap on Manage certificates under HTTPS/SSL section to manage SSL certificates and settings.
3. Now tap close button when done.
If you are still having issues in the removal of Google Redirect Virus from your compromised system then you can feel free to talk to our experts.