I got a new Dell laptop from market some days before with latest Windows version and was enjoying surfing Internet on it. It was running wonderful but last unfortunately got infected with Carbanak. I don't have any information about it but when searched over the Internet, I came to know that it is a destructive trojan threat which is capable to badly ruin compromised machine. I used my new antivirus software to get rid of it but it still stays into my PC. I am helpless. Guys, please help me to come out of this quickly and secure my PC from any type of corruption.
Carbanak is a dangerous trojan threat that can also called as a banking trojan infection. This is because cyber criminals has designed this infection with sole motive to attack various financial institutions and earn money for illegal activities. Once Carbanak came inside, it weakens the security tools of the affected computer and allow web hackers to steals all your banking credentials, private data, sensitive details, credit card number, user id, password and money from your computer. Further, such valuable materials of your's gets utilized for illegal purpose and then you may become victim of identity theft. Carbanak trojan threat is known to be very risky for the compromised machine, hampers its functioning and ruins it badly.
Being more specific, Carbanak is a highly destructive threat that when enters, it firstly modifies the default setting of the affected computer which includes DNS configurations, desktop screen image, browser homepage and registry settings. This is done so that that infection could adjust itself within the PC and smartly hides itself in order to prevent its removal. Additionally, the trojan threat injects corrupt registries into Windows Registry Editor which puts negative impact on the executable application programs and stops functioning of installed antivirus software programs. Carbanak is one of the most dangerous threat that can destroy whole PC. Hence, it is our recommendation to use Automatic Removal Tool and get rid of such type of malware threats completely.
How to Remove Carbanak from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall Carbanak from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to Carbanak using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find Carbanak
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate Carbanak.
Step3: How to Uninstall Carbanak from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to Carbanak and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to Carbanak and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose Carbanak and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select Carbanak and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete Carbanak Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type Carbanak to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all Carbanak named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only Carbanak entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of Carbanak, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.