Brief Information on My Online Calendar
My Online Calendar is a web browser extension developed by Mindspark Interactive Network. Due to the negative properties of this application, it is categorized as a potentially unwanted program. Cyber security investigators noticed it proliferating in Egypt, Algeria and Germany. However, this threat might propagate further in other countries as well. This dubious Internet browser extension is promoted as a toolbar which allows accessing online calendars and free printable. After successful infiltration, it also modifies the default search provider to hp.myway.com and other negative characteristics of My Online Calendar adware includes:
- It affects popular web browsers including Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox.
- Delivers an excessive amount of intrusive advertisements and sponsored links.
- Alters the default browser's settings without asking for your permission.
- Tracks data related to your user's browsing activities for wrong purposes.
What My Online Calendar does after successful invasion?
Once it gets inside the targeted system, My Online Calendar might alter the Windows registry entries and browser's settings to prevent you from deleting this shady extension and setting your preferred search tool. Taking control over the Internet browser allows monitoring the user's online behavior. Therefore, creators of this toolbar can easily reroute infected users to affiliate domains and generate advertising-based revenue income. Nevertheless, online advertising is considered as a legitimate source of income, but such activity might diminish your browsing experience and put you at high-risk. Besides, it might display numerous advertisements that might be misleading, bogus or even lead you to potentially unsafe websites.
With the help of data that My Online Calendar captures, it displays engaging adverts that might look attractive to the affected computer users. However, some of the displayed ads might look innocent, but in fact, they might divert you to tech support scam, questionable or even malware-infected websites. As a result, you might end up installing rogue applications or revealing sensitive information to the criminal hackers. Even if there is a slightest chance to click on virus-laden advertisements or expose some kind of personally-identifiable data to the cyber offenders, you should not take a risk and avoid using such annoying tool. Therefore, the RMV security analysts strongly recommend you to delete My Online Calendar completely from your infected PC with the help of credible and trustworthy anti-spyware scanner like the one provided below in this article.
Step:1 Remove My Online Calendar or any Suspicious Program from Control Panel resulting in Pop-ups
- Click on Start and in Menu, Select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, Search for My Online Calendar or any suspicious program
- Once found, Click to Uninstall My Online Calendar or related program from list of Programs
- However, if you are not sure do not Uninstall it as this will remove it permanently from the system.
Step:2 How to Reset Google Chrome to Remove My Online Calendar
- Open Google Chrome browser on your PC
- On the top right corner of the browser you will see 3 stripes option, click on it.
- After that click on Settings from the list of menus available on chrome’s panel.
- At the end of the page, a button is available with option to “Reset settings”.
- Click on the button and get rid of My Online Calendar from your Google Chrome.
How to Reset Mozilla Firefox to Uninstall My Online Calendar
- Open Mozilla Firefox web browser and click on the options icon with 3 stripes sign and also click on help option with (?) mark.
- Now click on “Troubleshooting Information” from the given list.
- Within the upper right corner of the next window you can find “Refresh Firefox” button, click on it.
- To reset your Mozilla Firefox browser simply click on “Refresh Firefox” button again, after which all unwanted changes made by My Online Calendar will be removed automatically.
Steps to Reset Internet Explorer to Get Rid of My Online Calendar
- You need to close all Internet Explorer windows which are currently working or open.
- Now open Internet Explorer again and click on Tools button, with wrench icon.
- Go to the menu and click on Internet Options.
- A dialogue box will appear, then click on Advanced tab on it.
- Saying Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click on Reset again.
- When IE applied the default settings then, click on Close. And then click OK.
Restart the PC is a must for taking effect on all the changes you have made.
Step:3 How to Protect your PC from My Online Calendar in Near Future
Steps to Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer: Activate SmartScreen Filter against My Online Calendar
- This can be done on IE Versions 8 and 9. It mailnly helps in detecting My Online Calendar while browsing
- Launch IE
- Choose Tools in IE 9. If you are using IE 8, Find Safety option in Menu
- Now Select SmartScreen Filter and opt for Turn on SmartScreen Filter
- Once done, Restart IE
How to Enable Phishing and My Online Calendar Protection on Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome browser
- Select Customize and Control Google Chrome (3-Bar Icon)
- Now Choose Settings from the option
- In the Settings Option, Click on Show advanced Settings which can be found at the bottom of the Setup
- Select Privacy Section and click on Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
- Now Restart Chrome, this will keep your browser safe from My Online Calendar
How to Block My Online Calendar Attack and Web Forgeries
- Click to Load Mozilla Firefox
- Press on Tools on Top Menu and Select options
- Choose Security and enable check mark on following
- warn me when some site installs add-ons
- Block reported Web forgeries
- Block reported attack Sites
If still My Online Calendar exists on your system, Scan your PC to detect and Get Rid of it
Kindly submit your question, incase if you wish to know more about My Online Calendar Removal