What is Official-sweepstake-center.com?
Official-sweepstake-center.com is an unsafe domain classified as a dangerous browser hijacker virus that can gain access into the computer even without users permission. This threat can generate number of pop up advertisements as soon as it invades your default or installed web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. You have not to click on any pop up displayed on Official-sweepstake-center.com website when you see it on your PC screen. The system security experts considered this website as a nasty virus on your Windows computer. It allows installing many more unwanted rogue programs, harmful software, and other noxious PC viruses. The different pop up ads and links displayed on Official-sweepstake-center.com domain can mislead you to unknown and unfamiliar website.
However, Official-sweepstake-center.com domain is utilizing by the cyber criminals with malicious intent. They exploit this threat for monetization purposes in the particular. In most cases, this hijacker virus considered by many computer users as a threat. This is simply because most of them have no idea how Official-sweepstake-center.com malware got onto their machine. The main reason behind this impression is that, this threat is often comes along with free applications or programs. As you download free programs from unknown or suspicious websites, then the chances are high that you may also bring Official-sweepstake-center.com virus onto your computer. It might be tricky indeed and very hard to identify. However, it will be possible to avoid as well as other unknown and malicious programs provided that you keep your eyes during the whole set up processes.
Some Nasty Behaviors of Official-sweepstake-center.com
- Hijack your browser and reroute you to unknown sites.
- Corrupt some of your system programs and display weird errors.
- Steal your confidential information for evil purposes.
- Official-sweepstake-center.com will slow down your PC performance.
- It can not be removed by using common antivirus program.
- Reduces the surfing speed of your Internet connection.
- Provide many malicious links that are linked with unsafe webpages.
- Alters the default settings of your web browser and system.
Manual Steps to Remove Official-sweepstake-center.com From Your Hijacked Browser
Simple Steps To Remove Infection From Your Browser
For Internet Explorer :
1. Launch Internet explorer and click on the Gear icon then to Manage Add-ons.
2. Now click on Search Provider tab followed by Find more search providers…
3. Now look for your preferred search engine provider for instance Google Search engine.
4. Further you need to click on Add to Internet Explorer option appeared on the page. After then tick out the Make this my default search engine provider appeared on the Add Search Provider window and then click on Add button.
5. Restart Internet explorer to apply the new changes.
For Mozilla :
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox and go for the Settings icon (☰) followed by Options from the drop down menu.
2. Now you have to tap on Search tab there. And, under Default Search Engine you can choose your desirable search engine provider from the drop down menu and remove Official-sweepstake-center.com related search providers.
3. If you want to add another search option into Mozilla Firefox then you can do it by going through Add more search engines… option. It will take you to the Firefox official Add-ons page from where you can choose and install search engine add-ons from their.
4. Once installed you can go back to Search tab and choose your favorite search provider as a default.
For Chrome :
1. Open Chrome and tap on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings.
2. Now under Search option you can choose desirable Search engine providers from drop down menu.
3. If you want to use another search engine option then you can click on Manage search engines… which opens current list of search engines and other as well. To choose you have to take your cursor on it and then select Make default button appears there followed by Done to close the window.
For Google Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings option from the drop down menu.
2. Now tap Reset settings button.
3. Finally select Reset button again on the dialog box appeared for confirmation.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Settings icon (☰) and then to Open Help Menu option followed by Troubleshooting Information from drop down menu.
2. Now Click on Reset Firefox… on the upper right corner of about:support page and again to Reset Firefox button to confirm the resetting of Mozilla Firefox to delete Official-sweepstake-center.com completely.
Reset Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Internet options.
2. Now tap Advanced tab followed by Reset button. Then tick out the Delete personal settings option on the appeared dialog box and further press Reset button to clean Official-sweepstake-center.com related data completely.
3. Once Reset completed click on Close button and restart Internet explorer to apply the changes.
Reset Safari :
1. Click on Edit followed by Reset Safari… from the drop down menu on Safari.
2. Now ensure that all of the options are ticked out in the appeared dialog box and click on Reset button.
1. Click on Start menu followed by Control Panel. Then click on Uninstall a program below Programs option.
2. Further find and Uninstall Official-sweepstake-center.com and any other unwanted programs from the Control panel.
Remove Unwanted Toolbars and Extensions Related With Official-sweepstake-center.com
For Chrome :
1. Tap on Menu (☰) button, hover on tools and then tap on Extension option.
2. Now click on Trash icon next to the Official-sweepstake-center.com related suspicious extensions to remove it.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Add-ons.
2. Now select the Extensions or Appearance tab in Add-ons Manager window. Then click on Disable button to remove Official-sweepstake-center.com related extensions.
For Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Manage add-ons.
2. Further tap on Toolbars and Extensions panel and then Disable button to remove Official-sweepstake-center.com related extensions.
From Safari :
1. Click on Gear Settings icon followed by Preferences…
2. Now tap on Extensions panel and then click on Uninstall button to remove Official-sweepstake-center.com related extensions.
From Opera :
1. Click on Opera icon then hover to Extensions and click Extensions manager.
2. Now click on X button next to unwanted extensions to remove it.
Chrome : Click on Menu (☰) → Settings → Show advanced Settings → Clear browsing data.
Firefox : Tap on Settings (☰) →History →Clear Reset History → check Cookies → Clear Now.
Internet Explorer : Click on Tools → Internet options → General tab → Check Cookies and Website data → Delete.
Safari : Click on Settings Gear icon →Preferences → Privacy tab → Remove All Website Data…→ Remove Now button.
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Settings.
2. Tap on Show advanced settings.
- Phishing and malware protection : It is enables by default in privacy section. Warns users if detected any suspicious site having phishing or malware threats.
- SSL certificates and settings : Tap on Manage certificates under HTTPS/SSL section to manage SSL certificates and settings.
3. Now tap close button when done.
If you are still having issues in the removal of Official-sweepstake-center.com from your compromised system then you can feel free to talk to our experts.