About Philadelphia Ransomware
Philadelphia Ransomware is detected as a recently released ransomware virus that do make usage of .locked file extension. This infection has been found being sold in the deep web markets as an cheap virus having potential of encrypting the victim’s files and then forcing them to make payment of asked amount of ransom money. Via this the developer of this ransomware program has made it quite simple for the evil individual having intention of extorting users for their files to easily purchase the program at highly affordable price. Researches have proven that this ransomware is not as easy to remove as it looks like. Because of this it is advised to all the users who have unfortunately been attacked by this threat to follow the instructions mentioned below since they helped lots of sufferers in uninstalling Philadelphia Ransomware completely from the PC.
In-Depth Analysis On Philadelphia Ransomware
Philadelphia Ransomware is a treacherous computer infection that on achieving complete perforation inside the PC immediately injects it’s vicious files in the files and automatically executes them. This infection basically leaves two randomly named and one implementable directly on the User’s profile folder :
Together with this also simultaneously brings changes in the Windows Update registry key to execute the implementable through the update service:
→ HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Windows Update
Apart from this, Philadelphia Ransomware encrypts the user’s files without their consent. This threat encrypts the files via changing their original names completely and adding .locked file extension to them. Following this, generates a message on the display screen informing users about the incident that happened actually in the PC and then asks them to pay certain amount of money to unlock the files. Now though the messages displayed may looks legitimate but it is suggested not to trust it at all and take quick actions to remove it quickly from the PC.
How Philadelphia Ransomware Propagates ?
- Opening spam emails and downloading it’s malicious attachments.
- Downloading and installing corrupted and cheaper softwares from various suspicious websites.
- Clicking suspicious links appearing on the screen at the time of browsing.
- Using pirated CDs and hardware.
Dangerous Properties Of Philadelphia Ransomware
Philadelphia Ransomware, once installed modifies the preset system setting to acquire complete control over the entire PC. Moreover steals the user’s sensitive information and reveal it to the online scammers for unethical purpose. It also disables the security programs installed in the system and installs various additional malware infections in the PC. It often causes system crashes. Thus, to keep the PC’s files away from such unwanted encryption and to operate PC smoothly, it is quite necessary to remove Philadelphia Ransomware quickly from the PC.
Looking For Philadelphia Ransomware Removal Guide, Watch This Video
A: How To Remove Philadelphia Ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill Philadelphia Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the Philadelphia Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall Philadelphia Ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Philadelphia Ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore Philadelphia Ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing Philadelphia Ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing Philadelphia Ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by Philadelphia Ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.