Is your system infected with Stroman Ransomware? Are you unable to open or access your files? Does your system respond slowly to your actions? Then this is right time to make decision and uninstall the malware. In order to do so, perform the following removal procedures correctly.
Stroman Ransomware is detected as file-encrypting virus which encrypts your files and ask you to pay money so as to return back your files. According to ransomware, this malware can encrypt your data and files and make them inaccessible. A ransomware is very dangerous and supposedly damages the entire system and its data. However, in some cases, uninstallation of few ransomware is not possible but this ransomware can be removed as well as data can be recovered. This malware somehow manages to enter your system and encrypt all your files. Hackers extort you to pay the money in bitcoin only. When it sneaks into your system, it makes changes in the registry entry first so that it can achieve its persistence for long time. These entries typically result in the automatic start-up of the operating system.
Stroman Ransomware distribute itself through various methods. In fact, a payload dropper is spread around the globe to distribute its malicious script. When it lands on your system, it initiates its script and start executing its processes without asking your permission. Moreover, social media and file sharing services are also used by this ransomware to spread its infection. Thus, in this way you could infect your system. Spam emails, junk files, free downloads, online games, dubious ads or pop-ups are few other malware distribution methods. However, when Stroman Ransomware has encrypted the files and completed the encryption process, it places a ransom note on the desktop saying that victim need to pay money in order to retrieve back their files.
On completion of encryption task, Stroman Ransomware appends .stroman extension name to every encrypted file. And you need to pay 500 US dollars in bitcoins cryptocurrency. Ransomware along with encrypting the files, damages the data and system as well. It may corrupt hard disk. It replaces registry entries. It causes your system to perform slow and dull. Hence, the only solution to stop all this is to remove Stroman Ransomware from your PC. Then decrypt your files instead of paying money.
Remove Stroman Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove Stroman Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove Stroman Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To Stroman Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find Stroman Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove Stroman Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove Stroman Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the Stroman Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the Stroman Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.