.73i87A Extension is a severe malware infection For Windows computers. Mostly it attacks on your computer while online surfing or downloading contents from untrusted websites. It uses unethical file encryption on your computer with the use of RSA 1052 file encryption algorithm with a private and public keys. If once the infection reaches to your computer then you can't access your saved file of any format. The malware infection add a new .73i87A Extension to all your documents, images, videos, PDF and all other kind of saved file and do not allow to open and view files. So the user face loss of valuable files. As well as the malicious program also display a ransom note and demand certain amount to restore files in previous format that could be access by your computer applications. So the malware is categorized as a ransomware. Although you have used an anti virus on your computer to avoid viruses but intensionally this malware has developed by expert cyber criminals very craftily so that it has no any virus definition.
.73i87A Extension ransomware infection is able to cheat anti viruses and infiltrate into your computer with deceptive methods. It uses stealthy installation methods “software bundling”, when you download bundled freeware from download portals then the ransomware program get into your computer without your acknowledgement. It does not need of separate permission for installation and activated automatically during installation procedure of needed software. On the other hand it may arrive on your computer with Spam email attachment files and just with your click to open file , .73i87A Extension ransomware infection get activated on your computer. It has many other methods to spread this ransomware infection on your computer. Some innocent PC thinks that now they have no any opportunity to get back their encrypted files and decide to pay the ransom amount. But it is not ideal nor recommended solution, security experts have always suggested to remove .73i87A Extension ransomware instead of paying ransom. The .73i87A Extension removal procedure is mentioned further in this post.
Remove .73i87A Extension From Your PC
Step 1: Remove .73i87A Extension in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove .73i87A Extension using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To .73i87A Extension
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find .73i87A Extension related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove .73i87A Extension Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove .73i87A Extension related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the .73i87A Extension virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the .73i87A Extension infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.