If you are seeking an easy and effective ransomware removal guidelines to remove Anubi NotBTCWare Ransomware then follow our instructions which is elaborated at the end of the following post.
Updated research report on Anubi NotBTCWare Ransomware
Anubi NotBTCWare Ransomware is identified as a pesky detection name of a very infamous ransom virus BTCWare Ransomware updated variant. This updated variant behaves very similar to the original one and append a custom file extension suffix to the encrypted files by following the model "..anubi". Malware researchers alerted that this new ransom variant is rapidly spreading among the system users via macro enabled Microsoft Word doc files and this malware append ".[[email protected]].anubi" extension to the file names of the objects that is modified by it. This renames the files after following successful encryption process. For example, "Roberts R845 Radio.jpg" is converted into "Roberts R845 Radio.jpg.[[email protected]].anubi". This threat symptoms has been noticed on 15 August 2017 and it id classed as a mid-level Crypto threat. This variant is almost identical to the other variants of BTCWare such as Oled Ransomware and Aleta Ransomware that has been emerged just few weeks before this newer variant.
Technical Analysis : Anubi NotBTCWare Ransomware
Anubi NotBTCWare Ransomware
$100 in Bitcoins
Spam emails attachments, corrupt or bad scripts etc.
Working principle of Anubi NotBTCWare Ransomware
Once Anubi NotBTCWare Ransomware successfully enters on your system then it started to accomplish many of severe tasks that can hamper your work and make your files inaccessible. This malware can run on the latest versions of Windows PC and access storage memory which has not been protected by password. It has been designed to scan the targeted computers for accessible memory storage and make a list of unprotected storage and suitable for encryption. This malware primarily targeted your family photos, important doc files, presentations, spreadsheets, databases, e-books, audios and videos etc. Then it accomplish the encryption and locked all your files. It deleted the Shadow Volume Copies of files from Windows which means you are unable to restore your deleted files. Then after it renames the compromised files and send a scary ransom note on desktop – "_READ_ME.txt". This can be read as
Removal of Anubi NotBTCWare Ransomware
You should never get ready to pay the money to the attackers to purchase a decryption key. If you have a updated backup on your external devices or on cloud services then use it to restore your lost or locked data and use a trusted anti-malware shield to remove Anubi NotBTCWare Ransomware immediately from system.
Remove Anubi NotBTCWare Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove Anubi NotBTCWare Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove Anubi NotBTCWare Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To Anubi NotBTCWare Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find Anubi NotBTCWare Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove Anubi NotBTCWare Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove Anubi NotBTCWare Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the Anubi NotBTCWare Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the Anubi NotBTCWare Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.