Backdoor.Wecoym is a newly detected backdoor trojan which had created havoc amongst the users of Windows based PC. It find its own way to penetrate in the system by violating the security settings and hide its existence internally. Presence of Backdoor.Wecoym is extremely dangerous for the system efficiency as well as personal identity of the users. Without your knowledge, it will open a backdoor in the PC and allow the cyber criminals for unauthorized access of your personal data. Even more, it is designed in such a way which can keep its eyes on your online session and gains the sensitive data which you type while surfing. If Backdoor.Wecoym is available in the system then remove it without wasting a single moment.
Whats more, Backdoor.Wecoym carries ability to bypass your credential data to the remote location servers which is extremely dangerous for your personal identity. Moreover, its presence can degrade the performance speed of various functions of the system such as start up, shut down, opening files, playing games, installing application, Internet connection etc. It is also possible that it will create fake processes in the task manager to boost the CPU utilizations. This threat will not allow you to install new application softwares and also disables the working of pre-installed programs. It can also cause regular crashing or permanent freezing of the operating system. Sometimes, Windows Firewall and antivirus program also stops responding. Therefore, if you want to prevent your PC from further hazards then remove Backdoor.Wecoym as soon as possible.
How to Remove Backdoor.Wecoym from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall Backdoor.Wecoym from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to Backdoor.Wecoym using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find Backdoor.Wecoym
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate Backdoor.Wecoym.
Step3: How to Uninstall Backdoor.Wecoym from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to Backdoor.Wecoym and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to Backdoor.Wecoym and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose Backdoor.Wecoym and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select Backdoor.Wecoym and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete Backdoor.Wecoym Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type Backdoor.Wecoym to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all Backdoor.Wecoym named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only Backdoor.Wecoym entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of Backdoor.Wecoym, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.