What Is Centurion_Legion Ransomware
Centurion_Legion is a ransomware virus that belongs to Troldesh family. The entire malicious program has been generated by with a latest software development kit which utilized its own email address to communicate victims and receive payment of ransom. The ransomware has been distributing over Internet to infect as many as possible computers so the cyber criminals associated with this ransomware could make more money. When Centurion_Legion ransomware reaches to a targeted computer and get success to infect computer then it encrypts victim's personal files with an asymmetric RSA -2048 encryption algorithm. It modify the file extension, as for example if the original file was named as “mydocument.doc”, then it would be changed by ransomware as “mydocument/doc.[victim's ID][email protected]_aol.com.xtbl”. With encryption of files the users also find change in desktop background wallpaper and many text files named as “How to decrypt your files.txt”. These text files are ransom note and victims can find these files in every folder that contains encrypted files.
How Does Centurion_Legion Ransomware Works
Desktop Wallpapers on infected computer contains a note for users that files have been encrypted and that the victim need to contact Centurion_Legion ransomware developers. According to ransom note, user can't access encrypted files by any method. So decryption of files without a secret RSA decryption Private key (generated by ransomware during file encryption) is not possible. Users do not have access to private key because it has stored on a remote server. Perhaps the victims regularly get scary reminders to contact on specified email addresses ([email protected]_india.com or [email protected]_aol.com) of cyber criminals responsible for this ransomware attack. Ransom amount usually ranges from 0.5 to 1,5 Bitcoin (equivalent of $ 349- $ 1047). Keep in mind that cyber criminals frequently ignore the victim's data loss situation, despite payments of ransom amount. So the victims are suggested to never try to contact cyber criminals and avoid payment of ransom. You can remove Centurion_Legion Ransomware from your computer by appropriate removal methods as mentioned in removal section on this page.
Infiltration Methods and Removal Of Centurion_Legion Ransomware
Centurion_Legion Ransomware get into any online computer by employing deceptive methods like any other malware. So the users have no any consent that how and when the ransomware infection enters on their computer. The infection may arrive on your computer as an attachment file on Spam email or the infection get activation while downloading and installation of bundled freeware. The ransomware infection may also infect your computer by sharing peer to peer network. So you should to keep the installed software up to date, never open attachments received from suspicious e-mail addresses, as well as download stuffs only from official website. Now you can follow steps to get rid of Centurion_Legion Ransomware.
How To Remove Centurion_Legion Ransomware Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all Centurion_Legion Ransomware related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out Centurion_Legion Ransomware related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the Centurion_Legion Ransomware infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.