I was scanning my PC and suddenly found COM Surrogate Trojan virus on my computer. I regularly scan my system for viruses. When I deleted this threat and restarted my system, my anti-virus program alarmed that COM Surrogate Found on your system. How this nasty threat get back to my system? My PC is working very slow. I need some help to completely remove COM Surrogate from my computer.
COM Surrogate is a risky Trojan infection which is actively spread around the world. After getting inside the targeted computer, this nasty Trojan virus make several changes to system settings and leads to harmful activities. This nasty Trojan is mainly known for making illegal profit by stealing personal information of the user stored on the computer. After invading your computer this malign threat will also disable the security related programs of your system. It will also infect the registry editor for its automatic startup. the destruction not ends here, as COM Surrogate also create its copies and spread into several system files and folders. It is a very tough task for any regular anti-virus program to detect and remove this threat.
COM Surrogate mainly enter that compromised PC through infected USB drives, spam email attachments, suspicious websites, peer to peer file sharing, bundled free third party programs and drive by download. Once installed on your computer, this harmful Trojan infection will also download other malicious and dangerous threats, spyware, malware, viruses etc. on your computer system without your permission. It can leads to major destruction and make your system completely useless. COM Surrogate will brutally mess with your system components and downgrade your PC speed and performance. It can also steal your private details including your banking details, credit card number, online transaction information etc. and send to hackers. It can also create backdoor on your machine and allow hackers to remotely access your system. It is advised to quickly delete COM Surrogate completely from your computer system.
How to Remove COM Surrogate from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall COM Surrogate from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to COM Surrogate using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find COM Surrogate
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate COM Surrogate.
Step3: How to Uninstall COM Surrogate from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to COM Surrogate and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to COM Surrogate and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose COM Surrogate and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select COM Surrogate and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete COM Surrogate Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type COM Surrogate to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all COM Surrogate named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only COM Surrogate entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of COM Surrogate, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.