Crypren Ransomware is a newly released threat for computer user that encrypts user's files and ask them to pay ransom against recovery of their own files. This ransomware is also a nasty creation by cyber criminals who have developed such malicious codes to encrypt files on victims computer. The program uses very strong and complicated algorithm to encrypt files on targeted computer and the OS on affected computer does not recognize these encrypted files to open. So the computer either get failed to open such infected files or open in encrypted form which is useless for purpose. The malicious codes of the dangerous Crypren Ransomware enters on your computer by opting deceptive and stealthy methods. Most users have no any consent that how they get Crypren Ransomware infection on their computer. The program is also able to cheat antivirus and make them ineffective. So the users have to suffer from data loss situation on infected computer. The authors and distributors (A team of cyber criminals) of this ransomware program force users to pay a certain amount to provide solution for recovery of their files.
For distribution of Crypren Ransomware, many online resources have been used. The most common methods is email spoofing, the user on targeted online computer get a Spam email from the distributors with a file attachment or links. The email seems like a legit notice, reminder, offer, acknowledgement, agreement etc. When the user find such email and click on attachment or hyper link, then a quick installation of ransomware executable files take place in the background. With activation of Crypren Ransomware, first of all, it run a scan on your computer and then encrypt all type of files created or saved by user. It does not encrypt files of OS concern and left them intact. Once after file encryption by Crypren Ransomware, you have only two fixes – either you will pay the demanded ransom amount and hope for mercy of autocratic cyber criminals, or you can remove Crypren Ransomware with use of effective removal tool.
Remove Crypren Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove Crypren Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove Crypren Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To Crypren Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find Crypren Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove Crypren Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove Crypren Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the Crypren Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the Crypren Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.