“PUP.Optional.winsockRst Trojan has detected by an anti virus program on my computer based on Windows platform. Since last few days my computer was working very slow. It was taking to much time to boot and launch Windows rather than normal. While my anti virus does not flagged any infection on my computer but sluggishness and abnormal activities were regularly keep increasing. Then I used some other anti virus program and one of then find the severe infection PUP.Optional.winsockRst but it could also not remove PUP.Optional.winsockRst. Now how do I eliminate PUP.Optional.winsockRst and make my computer infection free?”
PUP.Optional.winsock Rst is a dangerous Trojan virus but can not be removed by an ordinary anti virus program. It is an evil creation of cyber criminals to attack any computer that has a vulnerability. Trojan virus has many strategies to crawl into the Windows computer. But only two of them are so common, that is fake pop-up ads and Spam emails. PUP.Optional.winsockRst Trojan Horse Virus impersonate as a legit program to misguide users to get the program on their computer. It may offer you a free scan for viruses or such a program that you need on your computer. A small mistake to judge the difference between legitimate and malicious programs or website can bring in this virus on your computer. This Trojan installs itself without the authorization or consent of the victim and with activation, it immediately starts to threaten the security features on the infected computer by downloading various other malware and viruses.
PUP.Optional.winsockRst Trojan virus make your computer much vulnerable and bring in keyloggers, browser hijacker, ransomware and various other infections. It also changes registry entries, start-up log, MBR, Internet settings, web browser settings etc. It also keep all system resources into malicious, harmful and useless activities like creating junk files, downloading malicious program, establishing connection to a remote server etc. it uses your computer as a proxy server for email spoofing and distribution of malicious infection on other online computers. It also steals your credit card number, email ID, account logging details and passwords which you have used over Internet. You should remove PUP.Optional.winsockRst as soon as possible to avoid such devastating and situations. Removal steps for PUP.Optional.winsockRst are being given below.
How to Remove PUP.Optional.winsockRst from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall PUP.Optional.winsockRst from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to PUP.Optional.winsockRst using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find PUP.Optional.winsockRst
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate PUP.Optional.winsockRst.
Step3: How to Uninstall PUP.Optional.winsockRst from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to PUP.Optional.winsockRst and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to PUP.Optional.winsockRst and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose PUP.Optional.winsockRst and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select PUP.Optional.winsockRst and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete PUP.Optional.winsockRst Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type PUP.Optional.winsockRst to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all PUP.Optional.winsockRst named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only PUP.Optional.winsockRst entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of PUP.Optional.winsockRst, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.