"Please help to get rid of .rokku ransomware!! my files on Windows computer have been encrypted and now I am completely unable to open in their usable format. An additional “.rokku” file extension is viewing with all files either they are photos, videos, documents, presentations, audio or any other kind of type of files. I am an user of Windows 7 64 Bit computer and using a reputable anti virus program but I got a ransomware virus on my computer. Is it possible to remove “.rokku ransomware” from my computer and recover encrypted files without paying the ransom?"
Rokku Ransomware is a likewise Kovter ransomware and CryptoJoker infection which encrypts personal files of users on any compromised computer and instruct them to pay a ransom amount. It allow to pay a small amount of ransom within fixed time around $100 in Bitcoins and further it extend up to 5 Bitcoins with time. It may use RSA-512 encryption algorithm to encrypt files with private keys that is stored in C&C Server (command and control server) and provide victims their files encrypted with a public decryption key. The user's on infected computer can't access their files without private RSA decryption keys by any other methods. After a successful infiltration and file encryption on it releases ransom note as 'README_HOW_TO_UNLOCK.html' and 'README_HOW_TO_UNLOCK.txt' on. The ransom note contains all instructions to recover encrypted files and remove Rokku Ransomware. The victims are being forced to pay the ransom amount in Bitcoins on a fixed Bitcoins address on TOR network. To ensure file decryption after maying payment of ransom amount, the attackers allow users to decrypt any one file free of cost.
Rokku Ransomware generally infiltrates online computer by distribution of Spam email with malicious file attachment. So if any user try to open such attached file on Spam email then the computer get infected with this ransomware. Another most effective method “software bundling” is also used by the developers of this ransomware to spread the infection rapidly and widely over Internet. With activation, Rokku Ransomware runs a scan on your computer and encrypt all your personal files which is under 30 MB and raise a demand for ransom against your valuable files. The victims of Rokku Ransomware are suggested to get rid of Rokku Ransomware in two phases – First you need to remove Rokku Ransomware from your computer and prevent further file encryption and thereafter recover encrypted files with .rokku file extension. The steps are as follows.
How To Remove Rokku Ransomware From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End Rokku Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the Rokku Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall Rokku Ransomware From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Rokku Ransomware related items from list.
Uninstall Rokku Ransomware From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete Rokku Ransomware related items from the programs list.
Delete Rokku Ransomware From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all Rokku Ransomware related programs.
Remove Rokku Ransomware Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all Rokku Ransomware related entries.
Remove Rokku Ransomware Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the Rokku Ransomware virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free Rokku Ransomware Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.