Search Shield is classified as potentially unwanted program, which is classified under yet another risky browser hijacker program. This program is non of use and a rough bogus program. Moreover this program is often infiltrate in the system without user permission. Search Shield can hijack your Internet Explorer, Google chrome, Mozilla Firefox and assigns new URL tab, homepage and default search engine. This virus is able to redirect your modified browser setting to Search Shield automatically. This virus should also is also responsible to monitored your browsing activity continuously and gather your IP addresses, websites URLs visited page and other similar information. This gathered data may be shared to the third party and their personal information will be mis-used. The main purpose of Search Shield is to generate money for their developer. This fake search engine can result leading to other malicious infection.
Harmful Impact Of Search Shield :-
There can be various harmful infection that can arouse due to the infection of Search Shield virus : –
- It may cause various redirect to your search engine to other malicious websites.
- It can filled the entire screen with very irritating and annoying type of dangerous adds.
- It can monitor your browsing activity like searchings, browsing history, account credentials and user-names and passwords entries.
- The collected data will later sold to third party companies for marketing purpose.
- It can slow down the performance of your PC and consume more data.
How Search Shield Comes Into Your Computer :-
Most probably this potentially unwanted program uses various resource through which Search Shield virus can infect your computer: –
- This virus can easily infiltrate in your computer through free-ware software downloads.
- One of the most common way through this virus installed in your computer is bundling software which user usually download.
- Online surfing on Internet and visiting to a malicious website can also install this infection to your computer.
- It can be infected through file sharing from one computer to another.
- Sometimes it can be spread through Spam mails and downloading attachment files.
How To Prevent From Search Shield :-
As we can see that Search Shield browser hijacker virus is very dangerous infection for your computer. But we can prevent your system by adopting some precaution method : –
Avoid downloading free-ware program through online.
We should pay attention while installing bundling software by adopting custom installation.
Beware while transferring file and data from one computer to another while online.
Use good quality of anti-virus software and do scan regularly.
User have to realized that Search Shield virus is a potential unwanted program that is nothing but a fake malware which is developed by the third party programmer to create a immense of infection to our system and generate revenue for their developer. So it very necessary to avoid this type of infection from our computer as soon as possible. Therefore, it is strongly advised you to remove Search Shield at the earlier from your infected PC without having any delay.
Manual Steps to Remove Search Shield From Your Hijacked Browser
Simple Steps To Remove Infection From Your Browser
For Internet Explorer :
1. Launch Internet explorer and click on the Gear icon then to Manage Add-ons.
2. Now click on Search Provider tab followed by Find more search providers…
3. Now look for your preferred search engine provider for instance Google Search engine.
4. Further you need to click on Add to Internet Explorer option appeared on the page. After then tick out the Make this my default search engine provider appeared on the Add Search Provider window and then click on Add button.
5. Restart Internet explorer to apply the new changes.
For Mozilla :
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox and go for the Settings icon (☰) followed by Options from the drop down menu.
2. Now you have to tap on Search tab there. And, under Default Search Engine you can choose your desirable search engine provider from the drop down menu and remove Search Shield related search providers.
3. If you want to add another search option into Mozilla Firefox then you can do it by going through Add more search engines… option. It will take you to the Firefox official Add-ons page from where you can choose and install search engine add-ons from their.
4. Once installed you can go back to Search tab and choose your favorite search provider as a default.
For Chrome :
1. Open Chrome and tap on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings.
2. Now under Search option you can choose desirable Search engine providers from drop down menu.
3. If you want to use another search engine option then you can click on Manage search engines… which opens current list of search engines and other as well. To choose you have to take your cursor on it and then select Make default button appears there followed by Done to close the window.
For Google Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings option from the drop down menu.
2. Now tap Reset settings button.
3. Finally select Reset button again on the dialog box appeared for confirmation.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Settings icon (☰) and then to Open Help Menu option followed by Troubleshooting Information from drop down menu.
2. Now Click on Reset Firefox… on the upper right corner of about:support page and again to Reset Firefox button to confirm the resetting of Mozilla Firefox to delete Search Shield completely.
Reset Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Internet options.
2. Now tap Advanced tab followed by Reset button. Then tick out the Delete personal settings option on the appeared dialog box and further press Reset button to clean Search Shield related data completely.
3. Once Reset completed click on Close button and restart Internet explorer to apply the changes.
Reset Safari :
1. Click on Edit followed by Reset Safari… from the drop down menu on Safari.
2. Now ensure that all of the options are ticked out in the appeared dialog box and click on Reset button.
1. Click on Start menu followed by Control Panel. Then click on Uninstall a program below Programs option.
2. Further find and Uninstall Search Shield and any other unwanted programs from the Control panel.
Remove Unwanted Toolbars and Extensions Related With Search Shield
For Chrome :
1. Tap on Menu (☰) button, hover on tools and then tap on Extension option.
2. Now click on Trash icon next to the Search Shield related suspicious extensions to remove it.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Add-ons.
2. Now select the Extensions or Appearance tab in Add-ons Manager window. Then click on Disable button to remove Search Shield related extensions.
For Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Manage add-ons.
2. Further tap on Toolbars and Extensions panel and then Disable button to remove Search Shield related extensions.
From Safari :
1. Click on Gear Settings icon followed by Preferences…
2. Now tap on Extensions panel and then click on Uninstall button to remove Search Shield related extensions.
From Opera :
1. Click on Opera icon then hover to Extensions and click Extensions manager.
2. Now click on X button next to unwanted extensions to remove it.
Chrome : Click on Menu (☰) → Settings → Show advanced Settings → Clear browsing data.
Firefox : Tap on Settings (☰) →History →Clear Reset History → check Cookies → Clear Now.
Internet Explorer : Click on Tools → Internet options → General tab → Check Cookies and Website data → Delete.
Safari : Click on Settings Gear icon →Preferences → Privacy tab → Remove All Website Data…→ Remove Now button.
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Settings.
2. Tap on Show advanced settings.
- Phishing and malware protection : It is enables by default in privacy section. Warns users if detected any suspicious site having phishing or malware threats.
- SSL certificates and settings : Tap on Manage certificates under HTTPS/SSL section to manage SSL certificates and settings.
3. Now tap close button when done.
If you are still having issues in the removal of Search Shield from your compromised system then you can feel free to talk to our experts.