Yesterday morning my system got infected by Threat:Win32:Adware-gen when I was downloading a free game from Internet. My anti-virus showed a virus alert on my computer screen. I have immediately deleted that game and Threat:Win32:Adware-gen virus from my computer. When I restarted my PC, I got shocked because my anti-virus again detected Threat:Win32:Adware-gen in my system. How this nasty threat get into my system after removal? How can I completely remove Threat:Win32:Adware-gen virus from my computer? Please help…….
Threat:Win32:Adware-gen is another destructive member of Trojan family. It generally get injected on your system through drive by downloads, other threats, bundled programs, Spam mails etc. once inside, it will automatically get installed without permission. It is able to bypass the anti-virus scam and get hide into root of the system. It is very quick in replicating itself on the infected computer and distributing on various locations. Once done with these primary settings it will infect the registry editor for auto-start. After that Threat:Win32:Adware-gen will start a series of harmful processes in your computer and make your computer slow.
Threat:Win32:Adware-gen starts many useless process in background which effects the speed and efficiency of the computer. Your computer will start running very slow and it will take more to start and shutdown. It will block your security applications and make your system more vulnerable for the threats. Apart from this, it will delete important system files and disable many legitimate applications. Many of your programs will stop responding and throw unexpected error. Threat:Win32:Adware-gen also steal your personal details such as bank account information, credit card number, usernames, passwords, IP and Mac address and many more. It can send those details to cyber criminals for making illegal profit and more damage to your system. this nasty Trojan infection can also open backdoor into your computer for other threats and malware. It is better to remove Threat:Win32:Adware-gen rather than putting your system and privacy in risk.
How to Remove Threat:Win32:Adware-gen from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall Threat:Win32:Adware-gen from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to Threat:Win32:Adware-gen using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find Threat:Win32:Adware-gen
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate Threat:Win32:Adware-gen.
Step3: How to Uninstall Threat:Win32:Adware-gen from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to Threat:Win32:Adware-gen and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to Threat:Win32:Adware-gen and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose Threat:Win32:Adware-gen and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select Threat:Win32:Adware-gen and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete Threat:Win32:Adware-gen Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type Threat:Win32:Adware-gen to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all Threat:Win32:Adware-gen named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only Threat:Win32:Adware-gen entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of Threat:Win32:Adware-gen, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.