Hello guys. I need immediate help. My system got infected by .VIVBVCM Extension. It has locked all my system files. I am unable to access any of my files. The extensions of all my files got replaced by .VIVBVCM Extension. Thus, whenever I try to access any image or video, or audio or anything on my system an error message appear. .VIVBVCM Extension is showing a ransom message every time. It is asking ransom to unlock my files. Is there any way to get my files back without paying? Please help me to delete .VIVBVCM Extension from my computer.
.VIVBVCM Extension is another harmful PC threat also known as file encrypting virus. It is a dubious ransomware virus which is mainly intended to trap innocent users and extort money. This nasty Ransomware infection is much similar to cryptolocker ransomware that lock your system files and demand ransom. It has been mainly created by cyber crooks to invade the targeted machine and lock the entire system files to extort money. This dubious .VIVBVCM Extension will encrypt all your data and change the extension of your system files with its own extension. It will demand fine to give you the decryption to unlock your PC. It is a high risk threat that can completely compromise your system.
.VIVBVCM Extension mainly intrude your computer through bundled free third party programs, spam emails, suspicious websites, shareware etc. Once installed on your computer, this dubious threat will also make several unwanted and malicious changes on your computer. it will slow down your system speed and performance. .VIVBVCM Extension will threat the user that if you don't pay the ransom on time then your files will get deleted permanently. It can also disable your anti-virus program to make you unable to delete this threat. It can also steal your personal and sensitive information and send to remote hackers for illicit purpose. This nasty threat is a complete scam and it will not decry pt your data. You are advised to follow the below guide to immediately remove .VIVBVCM Extension from your computer completely.
Remove .VIVBVCM Extension From Your PC
Step 1: Remove .VIVBVCM Extension in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove .VIVBVCM Extension using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To .VIVBVCM Extension
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find .VIVBVCM Extension related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove .VIVBVCM Extension Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove .VIVBVCM Extension related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the .VIVBVCM Extension virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the .VIVBVCM Extension infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.