Hello everyone, my windows machine has been performing very sluggish since few days. After this, I am getting lots of strange pop-up alerts on my internet Explorer or other common used browsers. I have just found that such kinds alerts are closely affiliated with dubious web page named Linkzb.net. I guess that it may act as a legitimate search page but due to its own activities, I cannot revert or change my browser settings. Such redirect infection does not allows me to visit my regular web pages. How can I get rid of Linkzb.net from my system ?
Linkzb.net is considered as a phishing web page which has been specifically designed to take over the settings of Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer or other famous web browsers without letting you know. It usually displays number of endless pop-ups or some fraudulent update messages each time whenever you browse your certain web pages. Apart from this, this threat is sponsored by most powerful search providers such as Google, Yahoo or some others but no way, when you try to use this search engine tool to looking for any information then you may get various unauthentic or fake search pages to continuously harass your entire search pages. When Linkzb.net is attached with your system then it randomly inserts lots of additional stuffs such as annoying add-ons, plug-ins or browser helper objects and some others.
Further, Linkzb.net may modify the whole proper functioning of your all web browsers at first inspection and highly consumes the network connection. That's why, you are not able to access your certain web pages. Such kinds pop-up messages indicating you to download and upgrade your flash player or other software to the latest version to increase the surfing experiences. But you should do not believe these alerts because Linkzb.net has capability to keeps redirecting you to some third party domains which are filled by mass of false pop-up links or useless contents. In addition, it may drag your web surfing habit and collect your surfing history, cookies, password details, login details and some others. Therefore, it is very necessary to take more convenient ways to eliminate Linkzb.net as early as possible.
Manual Steps to Remove Linkzb.net From Your Hijacked Browser
Simple Steps To Remove Infection From Your Browser
For Internet Explorer :
1. Launch Internet explorer and click on the Gear icon then to Manage Add-ons.
2. Now click on Search Provider tab followed by Find more search providers…
3. Now look for your preferred search engine provider for instance Google Search engine.
4. Further you need to click on Add to Internet Explorer option appeared on the page. After then tick out the Make this my default search engine provider appeared on the Add Search Provider window and then click on Add button.
5. Restart Internet explorer to apply the new changes.
For Mozilla :
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox and go for the Settings icon (☰) followed by Options from the drop down menu.
2. Now you have to tap on Search tab there. And, under Default Search Engine you can choose your desirable search engine provider from the drop down menu and remove Linkzb.net related search providers.
3. If you want to add another search option into Mozilla Firefox then you can do it by going through Add more search engines… option. It will take you to the Firefox official Add-ons page from where you can choose and install search engine add-ons from their.
4. Once installed you can go back to Search tab and choose your favorite search provider as a default.
For Chrome :
1. Open Chrome and tap on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings.
2. Now under Search option you can choose desirable Search engine providers from drop down menu.
3. If you want to use another search engine option then you can click on Manage search engines… which opens current list of search engines and other as well. To choose you have to take your cursor on it and then select Make default button appears there followed by Done to close the window.
For Google Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings option from the drop down menu.
2. Now tap Reset settings button.
3. Finally select Reset button again on the dialog box appeared for confirmation.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Settings icon (☰) and then to Open Help Menu option followed by Troubleshooting Information from drop down menu.
2. Now Click on Reset Firefox… on the upper right corner of about:support page and again to Reset Firefox button to confirm the resetting of Mozilla Firefox to delete Linkzb.net completely.
Reset Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Internet options.
2. Now tap Advanced tab followed by Reset button. Then tick out the Delete personal settings option on the appeared dialog box and further press Reset button to clean Linkzb.net related data completely.
3. Once Reset completed click on Close button and restart Internet explorer to apply the changes.
Reset Safari :
1. Click on Edit followed by Reset Safari… from the drop down menu on Safari.
2. Now ensure that all of the options are ticked out in the appeared dialog box and click on Reset button.
1. Click on Start menu followed by Control Panel. Then click on Uninstall a program below Programs option.
2. Further find and Uninstall Linkzb.net and any other unwanted programs from the Control panel.
Remove Unwanted Toolbars and Extensions Related With Linkzb.net
For Chrome :
1. Tap on Menu (☰) button, hover on tools and then tap on Extension option.
2. Now click on Trash icon next to the Linkzb.net related suspicious extensions to remove it.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Add-ons.
2. Now select the Extensions or Appearance tab in Add-ons Manager window. Then click on Disable button to remove Linkzb.net related extensions.
For Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Manage add-ons.
2. Further tap on Toolbars and Extensions panel and then Disable button to remove Linkzb.net related extensions.
From Safari :
1. Click on Gear Settings icon followed by Preferences…
2. Now tap on Extensions panel and then click on Uninstall button to remove Linkzb.net related extensions.
From Opera :
1. Click on Opera icon then hover to Extensions and click Extensions manager.
2. Now click on X button next to unwanted extensions to remove it.
Chrome : Click on Menu (☰) → Settings → Show advanced Settings → Clear browsing data.
Firefox : Tap on Settings (☰) →History →Clear Reset History → check Cookies → Clear Now.
Internet Explorer : Click on Tools → Internet options → General tab → Check Cookies and Website data → Delete.
Safari : Click on Settings Gear icon →Preferences → Privacy tab → Remove All Website Data…→ Remove Now button.
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Settings.
2. Tap on Show advanced settings.
- Phishing and malware protection : It is enables by default in privacy section. Warns users if detected any suspicious site having phishing or malware threats.
- SSL certificates and settings : Tap on Manage certificates under HTTPS/SSL section to manage SSL certificates and settings.
3. Now tap close button when done.
If you are still having issues in the removal of Linkzb.net from your compromised system then you can feel free to talk to our experts.