I have encrypted files with [email protected] extension on my computer. These files are very important and valuable for me. With all my efforts like removing extension manually or restoring my computer on a back date when my files was in working state but all my efforts ended up without any fruitful result. I have no idea how this mishapping take place on my computer and what is responsible to encrypt my files. What steps should I take to get back access of my files and remove [email protected] from my computer permanently so that it could not encrypt files anymore?
[email protected] is a very destructive ransomware. No any one want to see such stubborn file extension with the files stored on their computer. The responsible program has been designed and developed by cyber criminals. They have used this program to encrypt personal files of users with an evil intension to earn money by unethical tactics. The program can be planted on any targeted computer while using stealthy methods of software marketing such as bundling of this malicious program with any legit freeware or shareware. Another deceptive installation method is distribution of Spam emails with attractive subject lines. Hence whenever any innocent Internet user download and install such malevolent bundled freeware by package installer then [email protected] ransomware also get a hidden installation in the background without any consent of user. Whereas clicking on attachment files on Spam emails also quickly activate this malware instead of opening of any useful file as the user assume. After activation, [email protected] ransomware is capable to encrypt your Microsoft office files (.doc, .xls, .ppt, etc.), images, audio/video files, PDF files and all other kind of files. There is wonder if the user does not get access of encrypted files with all known manual method to recover files because the malicious program uses RSA1048 file encryption method with a private and public keys. This encryption method needs special treatment to restore files back in original format. So if you are suffering from this issue you should follow instruction in this post to remove [email protected] ransomware and recover encrypted files easily.
How To Remove [email protected] Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all [email protected] related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out [email protected] related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the [email protected] infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.