.adam extension virus : Threat’s Analysis
|Name||.adam extension virus|
|Description||If you are a victim of .adam extension virus, then you may tempted to pay asked ransom money and get your system files decrypted immediately.|
|Possible Symptoms||File encryption, performance degradation of system, other malware attacks, cyber theft, etc.|
|Detection / Removal Tool||Download .adam extension virus Scanner to confirm the attack of .adam extension virus.|
What do you know about .adam extension virus?
According to the security analysts, .adam extension virus is a newly identified ransomware infection which encrypts your important files and demands ransom fee between 1 to 3 BTC in exchange for a decryption key. In case, if you are a victim of this notorious virus, then you may tempted to pay asked ransom money and get your system files immediately decrypted. However, paying demanded ransom money only boost the evil business of threat actors and does not guarantee that victimized users will receive the right decryption tool after paying them a hefty sum of ransom money.
Instead paying the asked ransom fee, you need to delete .adam extension virus which is also known as RW.adm_64 or AdamLocker ransomware from your PC. After that, go for the data recovery procedure to recover some of your valuable files by using a trustworthy and credible data recovery tool. In some cases, security analysts manages to come up with a right decryption key for a certain type of ransomware infections and then releases it online for affected users. Thus, it might help you to decode your computer files enciphered by noxious .adam extension virus.
How .adam extension virus Works?
Once your computer files gets encoded, the malware adds '.adam' extension onto them. That is how you may know that a file-encoder virus has taken over your files. Another notorious activity of .adam extension virus is that it drops a ransom notification onto the system's desktop after encoding your files. Moreover, the AdamLocker ransomware is being distributed via malvertising or spam email campaign, just like other file-encrypting viruses does. The spam emails usually look like they are coming from any trusted or familiar person or company which contains a malicious file or compromised URL as well.
When the targeted computer users open those attached file or click on the embedded link, .adam extension virus gets activated and enters the machine silently. At first, paying asked ransom money may seem logical and easiest step for compromised users, but getting fulfilling hackers' deed will likely bring even more and more troubles for you. You should always keep in mind that even after you pay demanded ransom amount, cyber extortionists may strike again because they have been successful in first time. So, RMV security experts strongly suggest you to get rid of .adam extension virus by following the instructions provided below in this article.
How To Remove .adam extension virus Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all .adam extension virus related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out .adam extension virus related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the .adam extension virus infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.