Brief Explanation on Quick Searcher Chrome Extension
Quick Searcher Chrome Extension functions as a browser toolbar which has some significant drawback which is responsible for mining crypto-coins. It is advertised as a handy web browser assistant which claims to facilitate the online browsing process. However, this extension does more than that. Once you install this toolbar onto your PC, an additional notification will appear at the bottom of every visited websites which informs that the extension uses CPU power in order to mine crypto-currency. By continuing to use this browser extension, you are agreeing with its terms and conditions. More interestingly, there is no mention of such behavior into the description of Quick Searcher Chrome Extension. Although, you cannot find this toolbar onto the Chrome or any other browser's web store as well.
On the other hand, it is almost possible to lurk in gambling, gaming or the web portals promoting adult content due to the presence of this potentially unwanted program onto your machine. Proportionally to the hike in bitcoin price, hidden bitcoin-miners have become a new wave among the criminal hackers. Now, the threat actors tend to shell miners with browser extensions or other applications. One of the main issue related to Quick Searcher Chrome Extension that miners mainly tend to generate coins on the behalf of visitors' computer CPU resources. Thus, you might get an urge to delete this threat from your machine as quickly as possible. Credible anti-spyware or anti-malware scanner like the one provided below in this article will assist you in this procedure. You can also follow the instruction for its manual removal.
Distribution & Annoyances of Quick Searcher Chrome Extension
Unfortunately, the malware researchers have also detected more than 200 web portals that are equipped with miner script. Some of those websites are hacked by the con artists and the domain script compromised with the miner, while few other deliberately places the script without informing the visitors. Furthermore, when it comes to the cyber criminals, the greed of earning quick money encourage them to produce and spread Quick Searcher Chrome Extension or other vivid malware in order to direct the computer users to some specific crypto-mining web pages. Besides, this extension also has an alternative name identified as Quick Searcher CPU Miner which usually comes bundled with freeware apps. Therefore, you need to be very careful at the time of installing new apps onto your PC and ignore all addition or unwanted components by selecting Custom or Advanced installation wizards.
Step:1 Remove Quick Searcher Chrome Extension or any Suspicious Program from Control Panel resulting in Pop-ups
- Click on Start and in Menu, Select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, Search for Quick Searcher Chrome Extension or any suspicious program
- Once found, Click to Uninstall Quick Searcher Chrome Extension or related program from list of Programs
- However, if you are not sure do not Uninstall it as this will remove it permanently from the system.
Step:2 How to Reset Google Chrome to Remove Quick Searcher Chrome Extension
- Open Google Chrome browser on your PC
- On the top right corner of the browser you will see 3 stripes option, click on it.
- After that click on Settings from the list of menus available on chrome’s panel.
- At the end of the page, a button is available with option to “Reset settings”.
- Click on the button and get rid of Quick Searcher Chrome Extension from your Google Chrome.
How to Reset Mozilla Firefox to Uninstall Quick Searcher Chrome Extension
- Open Mozilla Firefox web browser and click on the options icon with 3 stripes sign and also click on help option with (?) mark.
- Now click on “Troubleshooting Information” from the given list.
- Within the upper right corner of the next window you can find “Refresh Firefox” button, click on it.
- To reset your Mozilla Firefox browser simply click on “Refresh Firefox” button again, after which all unwanted changes made by Quick Searcher Chrome Extension will be removed automatically.
Steps to Reset Internet Explorer to Get Rid of Quick Searcher Chrome Extension
- You need to close all Internet Explorer windows which are currently working or open.
- Now open Internet Explorer again and click on Tools button, with wrench icon.
- Go to the menu and click on Internet Options.
- A dialogue box will appear, then click on Advanced tab on it.
- Saying Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click on Reset again.
- When IE applied the default settings then, click on Close. And then click OK.
Restart the PC is a must for taking effect on all the changes you have made.
Step:3 How to Protect your PC from Quick Searcher Chrome Extension in Near Future
Steps to Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer: Activate SmartScreen Filter against Quick Searcher Chrome Extension
- This can be done on IE Versions 8 and 9. It mailnly helps in detecting Quick Searcher Chrome Extension while browsing
- Launch IE
- Choose Tools in IE 9. If you are using IE 8, Find Safety option in Menu
- Now Select SmartScreen Filter and opt for Turn on SmartScreen Filter
- Once done, Restart IE
How to Enable Phishing and Quick Searcher Chrome Extension Protection on Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome browser
- Select Customize and Control Google Chrome (3-Bar Icon)
- Now Choose Settings from the option
- In the Settings Option, Click on Show advanced Settings which can be found at the bottom of the Setup
- Select Privacy Section and click on Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
- Now Restart Chrome, this will keep your browser safe from Quick Searcher Chrome Extension
How to Block Quick Searcher Chrome Extension Attack and Web Forgeries
- Click to Load Mozilla Firefox
- Press on Tools on Top Menu and Select options
- Choose Security and enable check mark on following
- warn me when some site installs add-ons
- Block reported Web forgeries
- Block reported attack Sites
If still Quick Searcher Chrome Extension exists on your system, Scan your PC to detect and Get Rid of it
Kindly submit your question, incase if you wish to know more about Quick Searcher Chrome Extension Removal