Analysis on .UCRYPT File Extension
.UCRYPT File Extension ransomware is another variant of Globe ransomware detected by security researchers. This ransomware variant has been detected in the second last month of 2016. It belongs from the very similar file encrypting ransomware threat purge ransomware. This ransomware is delivered to the computer users through a spam emails campaigns which carries an infected attachment like DOCX file. The infected document is attached with a macro enabled feature that your office package run automatically and does not give you an alert that it is interpreted as a direct command. In addition, This ransomware dropped their infection to a temp folder and run while any of User Account Control (UAC) commands are being suppressed by the user.
After silent installation .UCRYPT File Extension ransomware do a successful encryption
.UCRYPT File Extension ransomware silently intrude into your PC and start to encrypt your files immediately. This ransomware uses a strong encryption algorithm of AES-256 and after that the encrypted data is not easily decrypt without using a correct decryption key. This ransomware generally target the very commonly used files of the system like documents, spreadsheets, presentations, pdfs, videos, audio and pictures. Research reports reveal that this ransomware is very similar like their previous variants that lock the files of local drives and removable drives also that attached to your device. After successful encryption process .UCRYPT File Extension ransomware appends a new extension with each of encoded files. Then after encryption send a ransom note on your desktop screen as “Read Me Please.hta” and you can read the text of this note as :
You can use a free decryptor to unlock your files
Very often some of the ransomware variants codes are cracked by the security researchers and provide a free decryptor tool to the users that you may download from the Internet. The decryptor tool is not available for all ransomware infections. The hackers now create some changes in programming of new variants that bypasses over antivirus radar. Hence, it may possible that the next updated version of this variant is not decrypted by a free tool. So it is suggested to all the users to always keep a backup in order to fight against the ransomware infection problems and use a credible anti-malware on your system to delete .UCRYPT File Extension from it immediately to take a relief breath. Then after run your backup to restore your files. Then run the backup on your system to restore your files.
Remove .UCRYPT File Extension From Your PC
Step 1: Remove .UCRYPT File Extension in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove .UCRYPT File Extension using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To .UCRYPT File Extension
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find .UCRYPT File Extension related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove .UCRYPT File Extension Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove .UCRYPT File Extension related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the .UCRYPT File Extension virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
h2>Step-By-Step Removal Guide For .UCRYPT File Extension virus
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the .UCRYPT File Extension infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.