Complete Information on Clean My Browser
Clean My Browser is advertised as a web browser extension for the Google Chrome users that can be downloaded from its official web portal “Cleanmybrowser.com” and it is also available in the Chrome Web Store page. The creators of this toolbar promoted it as a system optimization application and a security solution for the installed web browsers. It claims to provide the facility of removing the Chrome browser extension which is responsible for violating and exploiting your system's privacy. However, one of the important thing to understand about this extension is that the comment section of the toolbar in Chrome Web Store page is empty even there are almost 9000 web surfers using Clean My Browser extension on a daily basis.
Although, you might think that the browser extension offers some mind-blowing features which let you eliminate potentially malicious plug-ins, add-ons or extensions, but it is not the fact. Most importantly, the creators of this browser extension does not provided any kind of information related to its working principles and the methods used to distinguish unsafe and dangerous third party browser toolbars. According to the deep research, the RMV security analysts have found that Clean My Browser extension is able to alter your new tab page, default homepage and the primary search engine to an unfamiliar website reported as search.cleanmybrowser.com. Moreover, it also requires few privileges upon its installation:
- Read and modify all the data on your every visited websites.
- Manage your installed browser extensions, applications and themes.
- Read and alter your web browsing history.
- Change your default search aggregator with search.cleanmybrowser.com domain.
- Communicate with websites that you are visited online.
Why Clean My Browser should be removed from your PC?
You can download and install this toolbar on your machine and get benefited through it for free as long as you like. However, one thing you should note that due the presence of this extension on your web browser, you will not be able to alter the default search engine replaced by it. The domain placed by Clean My Browser as your default search aggregator acts as a redirect gateway to the website identified as search.yahoo.com. Based on the research report, this toolbar is categorized as an ad-supported extension by the security investigators and is capable of gathering your input onto the domain search.cleanmybrowser.com placed as your default search engine. Therefore, the computer users who want to eliminate the persistent web beacons and clean tracking cookies downloaded by Clean My Browser may need to use a credible anti-spyware for removing these issues.
Step:1 Remove Clean My Browser or any Suspicious Program from Control Panel resulting in Pop-ups
- Click on Start and in Menu, Select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, Search for Clean My Browser or any suspicious program
- Once found, Click to Uninstall Clean My Browser or related program from list of Programs
- However, if you are not sure do not Uninstall it as this will remove it permanently from the system.
Step:2 How to Reset Google Chrome to Remove Clean My Browser
- Open Google Chrome browser on your PC
- On the top right corner of the browser you will see 3 stripes option, click on it.
- After that click on Settings from the list of menus available on chrome’s panel.
- At the end of the page, a button is available with option to “Reset settings”.
- Click on the button and get rid of Clean My Browser from your Google Chrome.
How to Reset Mozilla Firefox to Uninstall Clean My Browser
- Open Mozilla Firefox web browser and click on the options icon with 3 stripes sign and also click on help option with (?) mark.
- Now click on “Troubleshooting Information” from the given list.
- Within the upper right corner of the next window you can find “Refresh Firefox” button, click on it.
- To reset your Mozilla Firefox browser simply click on “Refresh Firefox” button again, after which all unwanted changes made by Clean My Browser will be removed automatically.
Steps to Reset Internet Explorer to Get Rid of Clean My Browser
- You need to close all Internet Explorer windows which are currently working or open.
- Now open Internet Explorer again and click on Tools button, with wrench icon.
- Go to the menu and click on Internet Options.
- A dialogue box will appear, then click on Advanced tab on it.
- Saying Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click on Reset again.
- When IE applied the default settings then, click on Close. And then click OK.
Restart the PC is a must for taking effect on all the changes you have made.
Step:3 How to Protect your PC from Clean My Browser in Near Future
Steps to Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer: Activate SmartScreen Filter against Clean My Browser
- This can be done on IE Versions 8 and 9. It mailnly helps in detecting Clean My Browser while browsing
- Launch IE
- Choose Tools in IE 9. If you are using IE 8, Find Safety option in Menu
- Now Select SmartScreen Filter and opt for Turn on SmartScreen Filter
- Once done, Restart IE
How to Enable Phishing and Clean My Browser Protection on Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome browser
- Select Customize and Control Google Chrome (3-Bar Icon)
- Now Choose Settings from the option
- In the Settings Option, Click on Show advanced Settings which can be found at the bottom of the Setup
- Select Privacy Section and click on Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
- Now Restart Chrome, this will keep your browser safe from Clean My Browser
How to Block Clean My Browser Attack and Web Forgeries
- Click to Load Mozilla Firefox
- Press on Tools on Top Menu and Select options
- Choose Security and enable check mark on following
- warn me when some site installs add-ons
- Block reported Web forgeries
- Block reported attack Sites
If still Clean My Browser exists on your system, Scan your PC to detect and Get Rid of it
Kindly submit your question, incase if you wish to know more about Clean My Browser Removal