Study Search Window Ads are popping up on my web browser interface. I got an add-on named as Study Search Window on Mozilla Firefox web browser. I found it very stubborn while deleting from my web browser. I am suffering from annoying display of Study Search Window pop-up ads on my web browser. I don't know how Study Search Window BHO get attached with my web browser but when I Googled Study Search Window, then some sites told it browser hijacker and some others told it adware. What is Study Search Window in actual? How can I uninstall Study Search Window from my web browser?
Study Search Window is a malicious program for Windows computer and users. Cyber criminals have developed it very foxily which shows symptoms of both malware types, an adware and as well as a browser hijacker. It pretends like a legit and useful BHO (Browser Helping Object) which can enhance web browsing experience of an user. It is capable to stick with Google chrome, Mozilla FF, Internet explorer or any other reputable web browser on Windows computer as a browser extension, add-on or plug-in. This malicious program is responsible for massive display of online advertisements on user's web browser interface so most security vendors have discovered it as a bad adware infection for Windows computer. The adware program uses stealthy installation methods to get into any online computer and perform several malicious activities in back ground of compromized computer.
Study Search Window adware infection propagate with software bundling and email spoofing. These two deceptive methods are used to spread it wide over Internet. So when any innocent user download such bundled freeware or open file attachment on Spam email then without any consent or approval, Study Search Window adware program get a quick and hidden installation. With activation, it make several harmful changes on your computer as for example – It change DNS settings, Internet security settings and web browser settings that exploit vulnerabilities. It also install other harmful programs which put your online privacy at high risk. The adware program always keep eyes on your web browsing session and steal confidential information that support hackers. So the users on infected computer are recommended to immediately remove Study Search Window adware program from computer.
Learn To Remove Study Search Window Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete Study Search Window Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of Study Search Window Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to Study Search Window related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from Study Search Window On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing Study Search Window from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.