Complete Details About Search14.com
Belonging to the browser hijacker family, Search14.com is actually a treacherous program which the system security experts have confirmed as a risky domain imitating genuine search provider application. However, on the contradictory to it's made claims, the program in reality is not a bit more than just a perilous stuff crafted by potent cyber criminals to trick novice web users and then earn revenue from them. It similar to those of several other perilous infections of the same category, disseminates itself silently in the targeted PC without being acknowledged by the users.
Search14.com commonly begins the execution of evil practices via firstly gaining complete control over entire system and then hijacking the browser installed in it. Threat basically exercise this hijacking practice for enabling itself to modify the system's default homepage, search provider and new tab URL or new tab window to it's own perilous domain. It moreover following this, observes the user's browsing habit and records their personal details such as online queries and surfed websites. Experts reported this browser hijacker threat mainly gathering the data which might be useful to the users regarding it's marketing campaigns.
Search14.com furthermore, exposes the user's credential stuff to the cyber offenders regarding several commercial purposes. It penetrates various other treacherous infections inside system without the user's awareness via degrading the working potential of the antimalware program installed in it and blocking the Windows firewall program. This threat additionally, makes the system's working speed extremely slow and sluggish via consuming enormous amount of it's available resources. Hence, to keep all the aforementioned sort of issues away from the computer systems, undoubtedly an instant eradication of Search14.com is required.
How Search14.com Intrudes Itself Inside PC ?
- Search14.com mostly comes bundled with several freeware programs and infiltrates itself along with their respective installation.
- Threat besides might propagate itself through junk emails and their malicious attachments.
- Playing online games and utilizing infectious external storage devices for the purpose of transferring data from one system to another also plays a very crucial role in the intrusion of this infection.
- It often get distributed via suspicious images or links, porn websites, pirated softwares and corrupted hardwares.
Tips on Prevention of PC from Being Compromised by Search14.com
- Avoid several suspicious and untrustworthy websites.
- Keep the automatic updates of the operating system on.
- Do not tap any suspicious pop-up ads and banner ads.
- Avoid the unexpected as well as spam emails. Do not open attachments from strange-looking unfamiliar emails and do not tap any links in such sort of messages.
- Keep the browser extensions and plug-ins up to date.
- Executes a deep scanning of all the downloaded files for malware. Check out the files on the USB flash-drives or external HDDs.
Manual Steps to Remove Search14.com From Your Hijacked Browser
Simple Steps To Remove Infection From Your Browser
For Internet Explorer :
1. Launch Internet explorer and click on the Gear icon then to Manage Add-ons.
2. Now click on Search Provider tab followed by Find more search providers…
3. Now look for your preferred search engine provider for instance Google Search engine.
4. Further you need to click on Add to Internet Explorer option appeared on the page. After then tick out the Make this my default search engine provider appeared on the Add Search Provider window and then click on Add button.
5. Restart Internet explorer to apply the new changes.
For Mozilla :
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox and go for the Settings icon (☰) followed by Options from the drop down menu.
2. Now you have to tap on Search tab there. And, under Default Search Engine you can choose your desirable search engine provider from the drop down menu and remove Search14.com related search providers.
3. If you want to add another search option into Mozilla Firefox then you can do it by going through Add more search engines… option. It will take you to the Firefox official Add-ons page from where you can choose and install search engine add-ons from their.
4. Once installed you can go back to Search tab and choose your favorite search provider as a default.
For Chrome :
1. Open Chrome and tap on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings.
2. Now under Search option you can choose desirable Search engine providers from drop down menu.
3. If you want to use another search engine option then you can click on Manage search engines… which opens current list of search engines and other as well. To choose you have to take your cursor on it and then select Make default button appears there followed by Done to close the window.
For Google Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings option from the drop down menu.
2. Now tap Reset settings button.
3. Finally select Reset button again on the dialog box appeared for confirmation.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Settings icon (☰) and then to Open Help Menu option followed by Troubleshooting Information from drop down menu.
2. Now Click on Reset Firefox… on the upper right corner of about:support page and again to Reset Firefox button to confirm the resetting of Mozilla Firefox to delete Search14.com completely.
Reset Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Internet options.
2. Now tap Advanced tab followed by Reset button. Then tick out the Delete personal settings option on the appeared dialog box and further press Reset button to clean Search14.com related data completely.
3. Once Reset completed click on Close button and restart Internet explorer to apply the changes.
Reset Safari :
1. Click on Edit followed by Reset Safari… from the drop down menu on Safari.
2. Now ensure that all of the options are ticked out in the appeared dialog box and click on Reset button.
1. Click on Start menu followed by Control Panel. Then click on Uninstall a program below Programs option.
2. Further find and Uninstall Search14.com and any other unwanted programs from the Control panel.
Remove Unwanted Toolbars and Extensions Related With Search14.com
For Chrome :
1. Tap on Menu (☰) button, hover on tools and then tap on Extension option.
2. Now click on Trash icon next to the Search14.com related suspicious extensions to remove it.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Add-ons.
2. Now select the Extensions or Appearance tab in Add-ons Manager window. Then click on Disable button to remove Search14.com related extensions.
For Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Manage add-ons.
2. Further tap on Toolbars and Extensions panel and then Disable button to remove Search14.com related extensions.
From Safari :
1. Click on Gear Settings icon followed by Preferences…
2. Now tap on Extensions panel and then click on Uninstall button to remove Search14.com related extensions.
From Opera :
1. Click on Opera icon then hover to Extensions and click Extensions manager.
2. Now click on X button next to unwanted extensions to remove it.
Chrome : Click on Menu (☰) → Settings → Show advanced Settings → Clear browsing data.
Firefox : Tap on Settings (☰) →History →Clear Reset History → check Cookies → Clear Now.
Internet Explorer : Click on Tools → Internet options → General tab → Check Cookies and Website data → Delete.
Safari : Click on Settings Gear icon →Preferences → Privacy tab → Remove All Website Data…→ Remove Now button.
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Settings.
2. Tap on Show advanced settings.
- Phishing and malware protection : It is enables by default in privacy section. Warns users if detected any suspicious site having phishing or malware threats.
- SSL certificates and settings : Tap on Manage certificates under HTTPS/SSL section to manage SSL certificates and settings.
3. Now tap close button when done.
If you are still having issues in the removal of Search14.com from your compromised system then you can feel free to talk to our experts.