Are you seeing any pop-ups when you are browsing on web by Clickpotato? Does it presents more annoying ads before its user? Does it make more problem when you are visiting another safe site? If all these happening into your system, then you should immediately remove Clickpotato from your system by referring this complete guide.
Overview of Clickpotato and its calculated risks:-
Clickpotato is identified as more annoying and intrusive adware infection that penetrate silently and create annoyances. It basically attract its user attention so that they click on its futile ads and its hacker can easily make money from its user. Its unwanted program that works as an add-on program which imprints its toolbar in the browser and cause you more harm. It would get installed as you are gaining access to your online movies. It falsely claims that its capable of letting you watch the newest Hollywood movies that looks appealing.
Clickpotato would get installed into your system as any person is going to watch a new release of online movie. Therefore, instead of getting videos, he sees various a pop-up called that keeps telling that “You have to install the movie codex to play the movie”. It claims to arrived from free ShopperReports and also offer to install other online streaming video. But if you click on this program its page declares “”in exchange for endless access, this adware infection displays promotional messages that are based on your Web searching. It unfortunate that all other movie would show you same offering. You should just stay far away from this infection and remove Clickpotato entirely from your PC.
Beside showing its harmless ads, Clickpotato would also collect sensitive information without your permission. It would also sends its collected user information to remote server for targeting its advertisements into your machine. It show its ads in various forms such as banners, coupons, deals, discounts, and other similar one, and get installed automatically into your machine. Its browser extension features will modify your custom settings and homepage of your browser. Hence, you are disable from making nay changes to your system. Thus, you are strongly recommended to remove Clickpotato before it create more trouble to your system.
Learn To Remove Clickpotato Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete Clickpotato Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of Clickpotato Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to Clickpotato related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from Clickpotato On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing Clickpotato from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.