Project34 Ransomware – All you need to know
Experts report that Project34 Ransomware is a ransomware-type trojan that encodes files which was first spotted in March 2017 on several Windows computers. This ransomware primarily targets users who belongs to Asian countries like Russia Iran, Turkmenistan, Ukraine Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan. Judging on its pattern of attacks, it seems to be targeting especially Russian-speaking Windows users. For its distribution, developers are using Spam emails and few other social engineering tactics that manipulates computer users into executing/opening malicious files. In most cases, we received report regarding macro enabled file that arrive as spam email attachment supposedly to be receipt of pending bills or important emails from social media buddy having names like Vkontakte or Odnokklassnikki etc. When you don’t avoid clicking such emails, you computer gets infected with Project34 Ransomware.
Further, you should note that Project34 Ransomware may be disguised as WindowsUpadate.exe, though if you have habits to click fake windows updates while surfing Internet then your computer may end up with this ransomware infection without your proper knowledge. Following infiltration, its developers contacts with victims remotely and provide instruction on how to deliver ransom payment to get back encrypted files. Unfortunately, Project34 Ransomware is capable of indexing important files from the most commonly used data containers like Pictures, Photos, Videos, Database files and other documents. According analysts Project34 virus may run onto affected computer as WindowsUpadate.exe to avoid Antivirus detection and getting caught by computer user. Next, you see ÐÐÐ ÐÐÐ¬.txt (PASSWORD.txt) file onto your desktop and inside folder having enciphered data. Since, this ransomware utilize AES-256 cipher to encode files, you won’t be able to decrypt your files without a per computer based private key (aka Decryption key/Unlock key). In some cases, a free decryptor tool can be useful but mostly so many users make use of alternative methods to decipher files. Have a look at its ransom note:“YOUR FILES ARE PLACED UNDER A PASSWORD TO GET THE PASSWORD WRITE US ON [email protected] WE WILL RESPOND TO YOU WITHIN 20 HOURS IN A MESSAGE, SPECIFY YOUR IP ADDRESS IT IS POSSIBLE TO FIND IT VIA 2IP.RU”
What are real risk associated with Project34 Ransomware
- Data theft: Project34 Ransomware takes over onto your computer and allows remote attackers to access your system remotely without letting you notice. Hence, remote attackers may steal your project files or private moments photos/videos from your computer. Later on, they will use it against your will.
- Degraded PC performance: Evidently, Project34 Ransomware consumes a whole lot of space of CPU and local disk, though you can feel degraded performance of your computer while playing games or browsing online.
- Installation of more malware: It may install keyloggers and other trojan horse to record your online banking credentials without your knowledge. Keyloggers are created to record keystrokes. This is why online banking sites suggest to use on-Screen Keyboard while doing financial transactions.
- Data loss: As you know Project34 Ransomware enciphers your files using unbreakable AES-256 cipher, so you won’t be able to recover all of your important files. Some of data will be lost.
Therefore, we recommend victims to delete Project34 Ransomware from their computer using following removal guide:
Project34 Ransomware removal (easy and free guide)
A: How To Remove Project34 Ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill Project34 Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the Project34 Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall Project34 Ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Project34 Ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore Project34 Ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing Project34 Ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing Project34 Ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by Project34 Ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.