My computer is infected with Trojan.Lockscreen.OJ. My PC has got slow performance. Although I have tried antivirus but was not effective. Can someone help me how to unininstall Trojan.Lockscreen.OJ? Please help me!
What is Trojan.Lockscreen.OJ?
Trojan.Lockscreen.OJ considered as highly dangerous Trojan horse which is able to mess up different version of computer Windows such as Windows 7/8/9/10/ Vista etc. Mostly, Trojan.Lockscreen.OJ gets inside into your computer via spam emails and feeware like videos, audios, game, PDF creator etc that you download from free sites without any investigation. Trojan.Lockscreen.OJ is crafted by cyber criminals so as to harm your computer for earning profit from users.
Once successfully Trojan.Lockscreen.OJ gets inside into your computer, it will change your registry setting to default start on your PC. It will change your homepage as well as it is able to drop many malware without your permission that can cause to slow down your computer in poor performance. It will disable your firewall antivirus whereupon it can harm your computer easily. It can replicate many files and insert into your computer to damage your computer. Hence, you are recommended to delete Trojan.Lockscreen.OJ as soon as possible.
Harmful Symptoms of Trojan.Lockscreen.OJ
- It can destroy your important data and files of computer.
- It will change your registry setting in order to default start on your computer.
- It will disable your firewall and antivirus.
- It can slow down your computer performance.
- It is able download many malware on your computer without your permission.
- It can steal your confidential information like password, login ID and commercial data etc.
- it will hand over control of your computer to cyber criminals and allow them illegally to access into your computer.
How to Remove Trojan.Lockscreen.OJ from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall Trojan.Lockscreen.OJ from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to Trojan.Lockscreen.OJ using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find Trojan.Lockscreen.OJ
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate Trojan.Lockscreen.OJ.
Step3: How to Uninstall Trojan.Lockscreen.OJ from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to Trojan.Lockscreen.OJ and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to Trojan.Lockscreen.OJ and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose Trojan.Lockscreen.OJ and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select Trojan.Lockscreen.OJ and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete Trojan.Lockscreen.OJ Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type Trojan.Lockscreen.OJ to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all Trojan.Lockscreen.OJ named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only Trojan.Lockscreen.OJ entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of Trojan.Lockscreen.OJ, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.