GamerForest is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and is classified as an adware. It provide platform to the third-party so that they promote their related product and services. It display several ads in various forms like banner ads, coupons, deals, sponsored links and many more. If you click any of the ads then it brings you to its associated website. However, it is designed by the criminals with an intension to promote third-party services and earn profit. It drop malicious codes into your browser in order to monitor your online activities and collect essential data such as bookmark sites, browsing history, etc and later on use the details to gain profit through illegal ways. What more, it shows annoying pop-ups constantly on your browser that makes your surfing very difficult, even you cannot read any text content properly.
Along with this, GamerForest adware install executable files that silently run in the system background and perform evil activities to degrade your PC poorly. It creates new registry entries so that each time you start your Windows PC and it automatically gets executed. It steal your personal data and other important system information. Due to presence of the nasty adware, you will notice the performance of your PC suddenly decreases and also the speed of your web browser too hampered. Hence, it is advised to avoid clicking on such ads but if your PC is already infected with the adware then follow the instructions mentioned below and remove GamerForest immediately from your Windows PC.
Learn To Remove GamerForest Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete GamerForest Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of GamerForest Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to GamerForest related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from GamerForest On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing GamerForest from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.