Does your important files and documents has been encrypted by DEDCryptor Ransomware? Does it ask you to pay 2 Bitcoins to make your files accessible? Are you unable to perform any task normally on the PC? Does your screen gets filled with unwanted warning alerts? All these symptoms indicates that your systen has been infected with DEDCryptor Ransomware. Read the post carefully and follow the given instructions to get rid of it easily.
DEDCryptor Ransomware: An Overview
DEDCryptor Ransomware is identified as ransomware which is bundled with the DOCX files that is distributed via spam email attachments. It has been developed on EDA2 open source platform and written in C language program. It uses the combination of RSA and AES algorithms to encrypt the stored files, documents, images, videos of the PC. After file encryption, it will add .ded extension in all the files which will become inaccessible. For example if your file name was saved with image.jpg then it will be changes to image.jpg.ded. It is capable to perform changes in the desktop wallpaper of the compromised PC and displays a warning alert in Russian language.
Message Displayed By DEDCryptor Ransomware:-
- 'Your Files Have Been Encrypted
- You Will Need to Pay 2 Bitcoins to decrypt your files.
- Mail me at [email protected]
- WARNING: The Key Will Be Destroyed in 24 Hours!'
Ransomware will say that a private key has been generated after the file encryption which is available on a hidden server. It says that you can get the key by sending 2 Bitcoins to its given address. In fact, it will also provide a time limit of 24 hours and says that if you do not make delay in payment then the key will be destroyed and you will not be able to recover the encrypted files.
Can you trust the alerts of DEDCryptor Ransomware?
Users must know that DEDCryptor Ransomware is only a scam of the third party hackers whose only motive is to earn profits. You should know that it only tries to frighten the innocent users with its alerts. When it comes to important file, money is nothing. But in reality, making the payment will never help you. In such a situation, you will loose your documents as well as money. Thus, do not trust any of its alerts.
Common File Formats Encrypted By DEDCryptor Ransomware:-
.txt, .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, .odt, .jpg, .png, .csv, .sql, .mdb, .sln, .php, .asp, .aspx, .html, .xml, .psd, .dll, .lnk, .pdf
Hence, you need to take immediate action in the permanent removal of DEDCryptor Ransomware from the system instead of sending money to the third party hackers.
How To Remove DEDCryptor Ransomware Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all DEDCryptor Ransomware related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out DEDCryptor Ransomware related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the DEDCryptor Ransomware infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.