Information About FenixLocker Ransomware
FenixLocker Ransomware has been confirmed as a treacherous ransomware infection that just like various other ransomware program penetrates inside the PC along with some other applications and then after that start encrypting the files stored on the system's hard drive. This threat is habituated of encrypting the user's file via utilizing AES cryptography. It while encrypting the targeted files append extension “,[email protected]” to their names. Further, generates a text file namely “Help to decrypt.txt” or “Cryptolocker.txt” and places it on the victim's desktop. The generated text file generally contains ransom demanding message. Generally it has been found majority of the ransomware program provides the users with detailed information about what had actually happened to the files stored in the system.
But unlike them, FenixLocker Ransomware facilitates the users with a very little information just stating that the files have been encrypted and thus victims are required to send their 'keys' which has been provided in the text file to the given email address namely '[email protected]'. After this the victim get further information regarding the payment. The ransomware developer most probably utilizes Bitcoin currency since it enables them to remain anonymous. This prevents them getting detected by the authorities.
How FenixLocker Ransomware Attacks On PC ?
Usually ransomware infection like FenixLocker Ransomware infiltrates in the PC via free software update tools, peer-to-peer networks, vicious email attachments and Trojan infection. Due to this it is advised to stay very cautious while downloading files from several third party sources. Along with this it is also suggested to not open attachments which do have anonymous or suspicious source. Additionally, it is quite essential to ensure that the installed applications is in it's latest updated version and completely legitimate antivirus software is installed in the system.
Dangerous Impacts Of FenixLocker Ransomware on PC ?
FenixLocker Ransomware apart from performing file encryption operations in the PC, also brings modification in the default system settings. Moreover it steals the user's private stuff and then later on share it with the online marketing agent for marketing purpose. This ransomware program decreases the PC's working potential badly and installs several additional spyware infections in the PC. Therefore, to prevent the files from being encrypted in such unauthorized manner and to perform normal PC operation, it is very necessary to remove FenixLocker Ransomware quickly from the PC.
Remove FenixLocker Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove FenixLocker Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove FenixLocker Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To FenixLocker Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find FenixLocker Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove FenixLocker Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove FenixLocker Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the FenixLocker Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the FenixLocker Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.