Yesterday, I thought to ran full scanning in my Windows 7 based PC. I was shocked to see the scanning report that HDRoot Bootkit is available in my system. I tried to quarantine it but the process gets crashed after few minutes. I noticed that my antivirus program was not responding properly. Then I found lots of unknown files and folders on my screen which is difficult to delete manually. I am looking forward for the removal steps of HDRoot Bootkit. Will you please help me to protect my system?
According to researchers, HDRoot Bootkit is classified as Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) which comes under the category of Trojan infection. These days, its presence has been detected by the users of South Korea as well as some parts of Europe. HDRoot Bootkit carries ability to drop built-in net command tool in the compromised PC to perform its malicious activities. It is designed in such a way which is capable to access the Master Boot Record (MBR) without the users consent. It have capability to open a backdoor in the PC and allows its creators for unauthorized access of your sensitive data which were stored in the system. Even more, it can also keep its eyes on your online activities and records the keystrokes when you type any financial details such as bank account number, passwords, user Id, etc. Hence, try to remove HDRoot Bootkit quickly in the initial phase.
Presence of HDRoot Bootkit will perform unwanted changes in the default settings of the system including privacy or security settings. It is also capable to change the registry entries by adding malicious codes or payloads. It helps the threat to start its activities immediately after the booting process of the system. You will also find lots of running process in the task manager when all programs are closed. It will results to high utilizations of CPU and the running speed of the system will start to decrease gradually. Whats more, it is capable to create unwanted icons, shortcuts, files or folders at various location of the system. So, it is essential for the users to remove HDRoot Bootkit permanently if it is available in your system.
How to Remove HDRoot Bootkit from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall HDRoot Bootkit from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to HDRoot Bootkit using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find HDRoot Bootkit
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate HDRoot Bootkit.
Step3: How to Uninstall HDRoot Bootkit from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to HDRoot Bootkit and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to HDRoot Bootkit and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose HDRoot Bootkit and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select HDRoot Bootkit and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete HDRoot Bootkit Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type HDRoot Bootkit to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all HDRoot Bootkit named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only HDRoot Bootkit entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of HDRoot Bootkit, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.