Introduction to Magician RSWware Ransomware
Magician RSWware Ransomware is a data encryption Trojan that was discovered on May 24th, 2018. It has infected 49 computers in a day. It receives attention from numerous computer security experts. It has connected to the online market “Silkroad” that are uses for the drug, DdoS and weapons services offerings. Authorities assaulted the “Silkroad” servers in August 2016. It uses Bitcoins to demand ransom. The Magician RSWware Ransomware has mentioned the the address as '1F1tAaz5x1HUXrCNLbtMDqcw6o5GNn4xqX' for sending the payment. It behaves like the clone of HiddenTear open-source Ransomware. The developers have employ the trick that the FBI has suggested to pay the ransom.
Encryption process of Magician RSWware Ransomware
Magician RSWware Ransomware uses the algorithm of RSA 4096 and AES 256 ciphers. This ransomware run as 'x1609y.exe' on the compromised machine and drop the ransom note in the form of 'README.txt'. A new desktop background get displayed on the screen. It provides the email ID to contact the developers for the decryption key. The files which get infected by this ransomware are music, video, audio, documents, power point, spreadsheets, etc.
The distribution method of Magician RSWware Ransomware
Magician RSWware Ransomware is distributed by the different techniques into your machine. It spreads by the spam attachments, free downloads of games or media files, peer to peer network file transfer, visiting malicious websites, shareware and others malicious program.
Harmful Activities of Magician RSWware Ransomware
Magician RSWware Ransomware is very dangerous to your system. It provides a big help to hacker for gaining lots of money by cheating you. How does it possible? Let's know. Magician RSWware Ransomware locks your all files by the process of encryption. When you will go to open your files, it drops a ransom note onto the system screen and changes the wallpaper. The ransom note contains the message to get the decryption key and pay the amount. The amount that you have to pay is 0.033 BTC (≈245 USD/209 EUR) and you can also contact them on their prescribed email account. They give you 24 hours to pay the amount.
Now if you will not pay the amount, some of your files will get deleted. If you will pay the amount, there is no guarantee that you will get the decryption key to unlock your files. In this case what will you do? We are advising you that do not pay the amount to the hackers. They will only cheat you. You should try to take a data back up of your all files in external drive.
Preventive measures from Magician RSWware Ransomware
Magician RSWware Ransomware is very harmful to your system. You should take some steps to prevent your computer from this ransomware attack.
Install and regularly update the antivirus
Scan your whole system by updated antivirus
Read the terms and conditions before installing the Free software
How To Remove Magician RSWware Ransomware Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all Magician RSWware Ransomware related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out Magician RSWware Ransomware related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the Magician RSWware Ransomware infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.