Nullbyte Ransomware Descryption
Nullbyte Ransomware is file encrypting ransomware virus that can encrypt the stored files with "_nullbyte" extension. The main intention behind its infiltration is to make you believe that your system is infected with a bunch of dangerous viruses and your existing files has been encrypted by it. On successful infiltration Nullbyte displays a pop-up window that contains a ransom-demanding message which made you aware that you must have to pay ransom to restore your infected files. The ransom demanded from Nullbyte Ransomware usually varies from .1 Bitcoin (~$57) to 3 Bitcoins ( ~$1715). The user are also provided with a personal Bitcoin wallet address (in plane text and QR code) to which they must send the money. But you are advised not to trust on these fake messages as it is just a way to trick innocent user in online scam. It is found that there exists a group of hackers behind its creation who can steal your personal data when you are trying to pay money. Paying of ransom is not the solution of your problem rather it can worsen the situation even more and you will no longer be able to access your computer even in future also. The possible modes of distribution followed by Nullbyte Ransomware includes the freeware or fake software updater, opening junk mail attachments and sharing of infected files via P2P mechanism.
Nullbyte Ransomware Harmful Consequences
Nullbyte Ransomware on infiltrating will encrypt all your system data including media file, Excel sheet, documents file, and many other irrespective of format and file sizes. It can alter the default settings of your system including the homepage settings, browsers settings as well as registry settings. It can open backdoor for more malware like spyware, Trojan and many more to sneak secretly inside the system and hampers yours surfings. The worst part is that it keeps tracking your online surfing and steals your private data including bank account details, credit card info for illegal purpose. It can also restrict you to visit the webpage of your choice. Thus in order to mark your PC safe from further damages Nullbyte Ransomware needs to be removed soon. Apart from removing we can restrict it Nullbyte Ransomware also by always using legitimate websites for the online surfing, always opt for the custom installation of the downloaded programs and above all scan your PC with an updated anti-virus software programs and enable a firewall protection on the system as well.
Remove Nullbyte Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove Nullbyte Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove Nullbyte Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To Nullbyte Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find Nullbyte Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove Nullbyte Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove Nullbyte Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the Nullbyte Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the Nullbyte Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.