How can I remove PUP.StackPlayer from my PC? I thought it is a legitimate player but now I came to know that it is a potentially unwanted program. I'm trying hard to uninstall it but error messages interrupt the process. It also generates different types of pop ups and advertisements which is completely annoying during important works. If you have any idea about the removal process of PUP.StackPlayer then please help me. All the suggestions will be highly appreciated!
PUP.StackPlayer is deemed as Potentially unwanted program. It is capable to propagate in the system even without your knowledge and places its bogus extensions in the installed browsers. No matter, you are using Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari etc. You will find Stack Player in your PC which allows the users to watch online videos directly from their desktop. It says that you don't need to have browser in your PC and claims to provide best experience. At the first glance, it may seems like useful but reality is completely different. It is an ad-supported extension which will flood your PC screen with countless pop ups and advertisements. You will not be able to visit your favorite pages as it can perform changes in the DNS configurations or Internet settings. Hence, if you have detected PUP.StackPlayer in your PC then remove it immediately.
Common Symptoms Of PUP.StackPlayer:-
- Disables the working of installed softwares including security tools.
- Slow down the performance speed of the PC as well as Internet connection.
- Uses huge space in the system memory.
- Downloads additional threats secretly.
- Tracks the online activities of the users and steals the credential details.
- Alters the default settings of the PC without your consent.
Why should I Remove PUP.StackPlayer?
PUP.StackPlayer may seems like a legitimate app but it should not be allowed to stay for long time in the system. Mainly, there are three reasons why should remove it program i.e. gets installed without any prior notifications, monitors the web session of the users, generates countless advertisements. Its presence can result dangerous for your PC as well as your sensitive information. It can cause permanent freezing of the operating system also. Hence, you need to uninstall PUP.StackPlayer in the early phase after detection to avoid further troubles of the system.
Step:1 Remove PUP.StackPlayer or any Suspicious Program from Control Panel resulting in Pop-ups
- Click on Start and in Menu, Select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, Search for PUP.StackPlayer or any suspicious program
- Once found, Click to Uninstall PUP.StackPlayer or related program from list of Programs
- However, if you are not sure do not Uninstall it as this will remove it permanently from the system.
Step:2 How to Reset Google Chrome to Remove PUP.StackPlayer
- Open Google Chrome browser on your PC
- On the top right corner of the browser you will see 3 stripes option, click on it.
- After that click on Settings from the list of menus available on chrome’s panel.
- At the end of the page, a button is available with option to “Reset settings”.
- Click on the button and get rid of PUP.StackPlayer from your Google Chrome.
How to Reset Mozilla Firefox to Uninstall PUP.StackPlayer
- Open Mozilla Firefox web browser and click on the options icon with 3 stripes sign and also click on help option with (?) mark.
- Now click on “Troubleshooting Information” from the given list.
- Within the upper right corner of the next window you can find “Refresh Firefox” button, click on it.
- To reset your Mozilla Firefox browser simply click on “Refresh Firefox” button again, after which all unwanted changes made by PUP.StackPlayer will be removed automatically.
Steps to Reset Internet Explorer to Get Rid of PUP.StackPlayer
- You need to close all Internet Explorer windows which are currently working or open.
- Now open Internet Explorer again and click on Tools button, with wrench icon.
- Go to the menu and click on Internet Options.
- A dialogue box will appear, then click on Advanced tab on it.
- Saying Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click on Reset again.
- When IE applied the default settings then, click on Close. And then click OK.
Restart the PC is a must for taking effect on all the changes you have made.
Step:3 How to Protect your PC from PUP.StackPlayer in Near Future
Steps to Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer: Activate SmartScreen Filter against PUP.StackPlayer
- This can be done on IE Versions 8 and 9. It mailnly helps in detecting PUP.StackPlayer while browsing
- Launch IE
- Choose Tools in IE 9. If you are using IE 8, Find Safety option in Menu
- Now Select SmartScreen Filter and opt for Turn on SmartScreen Filter
- Once done, Restart IE
How to Enable Phishing and PUP.StackPlayer Protection on Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome browser
- Select Customize and Control Google Chrome (3-Bar Icon)
- Now Choose Settings from the option
- In the Settings Option, Click on Show advanced Settings which can be found at the bottom of the Setup
- Select Privacy Section and click on Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
- Now Restart Chrome, this will keep your browser safe from PUP.StackPlayer
How to Block PUP.StackPlayer Attack and Web Forgeries
- Click to Load Mozilla Firefox
- Press on Tools on Top Menu and Select options
- Choose Security and enable check mark on following
- warn me when some site installs add-ons
- Block reported Web forgeries
- Block reported attack Sites
If still PUP.StackPlayer exists on your system, Scan your PC to detect and Get Rid of it
Kindly submit your question, incase if you wish to know more about PUP.StackPlayer Removal