I have found some extensions which are related to TabContent. When I click on its links, my surfing automatically gets redirected to tabcontent.net. On this page, I detected lots of advertisements which was providing links to install free programs. I tried to uninstall the extension but it comes back automatically. Even, I removed the cookies and surfing history but still it is appearing on my screen. How can I remove TabContent permanently from my system? Please help me to protect my system. Thanks!
TabContent is classified as Potentially unwanted program which can invade in the system without any prior notifications. Once penetrate in the PC, it gets installed as an extension in all the web browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari etc. TabContent carries ability to mislead the surfing session of the users to the tabcontent.net which is created by the hackers. It tries to increase the network traffic of fake sites in order to help its creators for earning commission. In its presence, your screen will be filled with unwanted advertisements and pop ups which is extremely annoying during important works. Thus, users are advised to uninstall TabContent quickly otherwise you have to pay heavy penalty in future.
TabContent tactics on the users to install latest version of programs from its links. You need to be aware that when you click on “I agree” button without reading the EULA (End Users Licensed Agreements) then lots of harmful programs also penetrates in the system. It is also capable to perform changes in the default settings of the system such as homepage browser, privacy settings, DNS configurations, Host file system and many more. System will take long time in the start up process and running speed of all the basic functions will become extremely sluggish. Therefore, if you want to protect your system then remove TabContent immediately.
Aftermath Of TabContent Infection:-
- Does not allow the users to visit their favorite or legitimate websites.
- Carries ability to monitor the online session of the users.
- Steals all the financial details such as bank account number, passwords, login Id etc and send them to the hackers.
- Disables the working of installed anti-virus programs.
- Shows warning alerts at the time of installing new applications.
You will also detect fake processes in the task manager which will be related to TabContent. It tries to increase the CPU usage of the system which can results to regular crashing or freezing of the operating system. You will detect strange behavior of the system in which you will not be able to work normally. Whats more, it posses worst impacts on the users identity and makes them suffer from identity theft situations if stays for long time. So, what are you waiting for, if you don't want to face aforesaid troubles with your system then try to remove TabContent in the early phase after detection.
Learn To Remove TabContent Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete TabContent Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of TabContent Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to TabContent related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from TabContent On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing TabContent from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.