As other harmful Trojan virus, Trojan horse Generic_r.EXT also have the potential to perform series of havoc inside your PC. It will reset all your web browser settings and transmit user's search result over to malicious domain. Generally, the nasty infection gets rooted inside the host system via visiting infected web pages, pornographic websites, downloading infected programs, rolling over Spam attachments, etc. Further, after getting inside the targeted system noxious threat will start hampering the working behavior of your computer system. It will creates many of unwanted files and folders on the compromised system, changes the Admin value or creates a seprate Administrator, etc. So, it is strongly recommended to uninstall Trojan horse Generic_r.EXT from the infected system.
Beside that, the nasty Trojan horse Generic_r.EXT also corrupt or damage the existing registry of your system. So that, it can easily be able to elaborate its malicious wings and produce series of havoc inside. In addition, the threat will also damage installed web security programs or Anti-virus with the sole motive to hide its presence. More than that, presence of noxious Trojan horse Generic_r.EXT will also lead to drop many of unwanted pop ups and commercial advertisements on the compromised system. So, friend, if you want to keep your privacy secure and get rid from unwanted apps and programs then, you should immediately uninstall Trojan horse Generic_r.EXT from the host system.
How to Remove Trojan horse Generic_r.EXT from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall Trojan horse Generic_r.EXT from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to Trojan horse Generic_r.EXT using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find Trojan horse Generic_r.EXT
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate Trojan horse Generic_r.EXT.
Step3: How to Uninstall Trojan horse Generic_r.EXT from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to Trojan horse Generic_r.EXT and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to Trojan horse Generic_r.EXT and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose Trojan horse Generic_r.EXT and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select Trojan horse Generic_r.EXT and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete Trojan horse Generic_r.EXT Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type Trojan horse Generic_r.EXT to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all Trojan horse Generic_r.EXT named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only Trojan horse Generic_r.EXT entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of Trojan horse Generic_r.EXT, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.