Recently I have found that my computer has been infected with LeChiffre and also got all files locked by it. I have tried antivirus software to remove LeChiffre but it keeps returning on my computer. Kindly anyone guide me to eliminate LeChiffre permanently from PC? Thanks in advance!
LeChiffre More Details
LeChiffre is highly risky virus which has been categorized as Ransomware and it is crafted by cyber criminals to harm the users PC all over world. Generally, it locks the files to extorts money from victims. Usually, you receive this threat on your PC without your knowledge while you download freeware such as audios, videos, games etc, when you clicks some spam emails and share P2P file.
Once LeChiffre gets invaded into your computer, it will encrypt your all files within the hard drive to compromise the PC to drop many malfunction for locking your PC and it claims that you have found accessed for replicating some file by downloading free videos files, music files etc which is shared by you without observing any rights of their proprietor so you have penalty to pay money for unlocking your files and also it will prevent you from having prosecuted but it should be ignored by you because it has no guaranty to recover your files instead it may fetch another risk on the PC for annoy. It is able to download many more infection to harm your PC dangerously also disable your antivirus software and firewall and perform lots of evil conduct to crash your computer. After installing it your may have issue of exposing confidential information to eye of cyber criminals. So, if you want to defend your computer these problem then immediately take decision to remove LeChiffre completely at once.
Remove LeChiffre From Your PC
Step 1: Remove LeChiffre in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove LeChiffre using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To LeChiffre
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find LeChiffre related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove LeChiffre Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove LeChiffre related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the LeChiffre virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the LeChiffre infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.