If you are seeing pop-up ads or windows by ComboSearch then it is a clear indication that your System is infected with a Potentially Unwanted Program. It may looks like as a useful but when you use it, you have to suffer with lots of serious troubles. To uninstall it easily and completely, an effective removal solution is provided here. Keep reading this post completely and carry out the instructions as in exact order.
What is ComboSearch?
ComboSearch is actually a browser extension that is compatible with all web browser such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, IE, Microsoft Edge and even Safari. At the first sight, it looks like as a very useful and legitimate program. But malware researchers are classified it as a Potentially Unwanted Program because it is not as helpful or beneficial as you might believe to be at first. The sole intention behind the developer of this program is to generate traffic for the sponsored site so that they can easily earn money from you. To earn money, they will bombard you with thousand of irritating pop-up ads and links based on the pay per click scheme. Simple click on such an adverts will generate revenues for them.
Where does ComboSearch comes from?
ComboSearch is officially promoted at combo-search.com. It usually travel along with freeware and shareware programs. When you download and install any cost-free applications such as images, videos, PDFs, databases, documents, excels then it secretly gets inside your PC. Beside this bundling method, it can also enters into your PC when you play online game, visit any hacked or suspicious sites, open any Spam emails, use any infected removable devices, P2P file sharing network etc. It always uses tricky way to spread over the PC but its main source is the Internet. Therefore, you need to be very attentive while surfing the web.
What are common symptoms of ComboSearch?
- It will bombard you with thousand of annoying or irritating pop-up ads and links.
- It highly consumes System resources or CPU usage and degrades overall performance speed.
- ComboSearch can blocks you to access your favorite homepage and search engine.
- It can automatically modifies your entire browser as well as System settings without any notification.
- Replace your default search engine with unfamiliar ones and cause redirection issue.
- Disables the functionality of firewall, System security tools and software.
Step:1 Remove ComboSearch or any Suspicious Program from Control Panel resulting in Pop-ups
- Click on Start and in Menu, Select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, Search for ComboSearch or any suspicious program
- Once found, Click to Uninstall ComboSearch or related program from list of Programs
- However, if you are not sure do not Uninstall it as this will remove it permanently from the system.
Step:2 How to Reset Google Chrome to Remove ComboSearch
- Open Google Chrome browser on your PC
- On the top right corner of the browser you will see 3 stripes option, click on it.
- After that click on Settings from the list of menus available on chrome’s panel.
- At the end of the page, a button is available with option to “Reset settings”.
- Click on the button and get rid of ComboSearch from your Google Chrome.
How to Reset Mozilla Firefox to Uninstall ComboSearch
- Open Mozilla Firefox web browser and click on the options icon with 3 stripes sign and also click on help option with (?) mark.
- Now click on “Troubleshooting Information” from the given list.
- Within the upper right corner of the next window you can find “Refresh Firefox” button, click on it.
- To reset your Mozilla Firefox browser simply click on “Refresh Firefox” button again, after which all unwanted changes made by ComboSearch will be removed automatically.
Steps to Reset Internet Explorer to Get Rid of ComboSearch
- You need to close all Internet Explorer windows which are currently working or open.
- Now open Internet Explorer again and click on Tools button, with wrench icon.
- Go to the menu and click on Internet Options.
- A dialogue box will appear, then click on Advanced tab on it.
- Saying Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click on Reset again.
- When IE applied the default settings then, click on Close. And then click OK.
Restart the PC is a must for taking effect on all the changes you have made.
Step:3 How to Protect your PC from ComboSearch in Near Future
Steps to Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer: Activate SmartScreen Filter against ComboSearch
- This can be done on IE Versions 8 and 9. It mailnly helps in detecting ComboSearch while browsing
- Launch IE
- Choose Tools in IE 9. If you are using IE 8, Find Safety option in Menu
- Now Select SmartScreen Filter and opt for Turn on SmartScreen Filter
- Once done, Restart IE
How to Enable Phishing and ComboSearch Protection on Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome browser
- Select Customize and Control Google Chrome (3-Bar Icon)
- Now Choose Settings from the option
- In the Settings Option, Click on Show advanced Settings which can be found at the bottom of the Setup
- Select Privacy Section and click on Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
- Now Restart Chrome, this will keep your browser safe from ComboSearch
How to Block ComboSearch Attack and Web Forgeries
- Click to Load Mozilla Firefox
- Press on Tools on Top Menu and Select options
- Choose Security and enable check mark on following
- warn me when some site installs add-ons
- Block reported Web forgeries
- Block reported attack Sites
If still ComboSearch exists on your system, Scan your PC to detect and Get Rid of it
Kindly submit your question, incase if you wish to know more about ComboSearch Removal