WinCpu.exe Description :
WinCpu.exe is known as a windows process file which can be usually found in the Windows folder. But if it is found other than windows folder then it is categorized as a Potentially Unwanted Program which belongs to the Rogue.Tech-Support-Scam family.
This extension file is associated with a fake tech support scam. Once it installed into your PC, it will displays tons of fake error on your System screen which states that your PC is infected and you have to contact with 1-844-324-6233 number to get the technician help. But you should not believed on such a fake error messages because the provided number is associated by the remote tech support company that always try to sell their services and products. Once you contact with them, it records your all details like IP address, contact details, login details, password, debit or credit card details etc.
A tech support scam usually connect your System to remote hackers and executes series of commands. Fake tech support teams will keep a lock screen and display a messages which states that your PC is locked because in your PC Zeus software has been detected. This software is probably refers to the Zeus Banking Trojan infection. But you should not believed on such a fake message because it is not real as no any Windows application will locks your System screen. The contact details which is placed at the end of the message is used by hackers for scare you. It is really very unnecessary for your PC which creates lots of malicious activities after intruding into your PC. Thus, it is highly advised by expert that you should uninstall WinCpu.exe from your Compromised System as soon as possible.
WinCpu.exe removal (easy and free guide)
Learn To Remove WinCpu.exe Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete WinCpu.exe Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of WinCpu.exe Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to WinCpu.exe related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from WinCpu.exe On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing WinCpu.exe from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.